GIFT OF TONE 2023 #3 - Wes Hauch!

Not complaining, just asking a question. Will there be any Gifts of Tone presets that are NOT METAL for us NON-Metal players. No dig here, just curious-would be nice!
Did you get a chance to try Scene 2 (Clean) and Scene 5 (Mid Gain). Just because a guitarist plays predominantly in metal bands, doesn't mean they dont cross over into other genres and tones. Have you ever listened to bands like Opeth, they blend acoustic guitars and beautiful clean tones with full on death metal.

Did you get a chance to try Scene 2 (Clean) and Scene 5 (Mid Gain). Just because a guitarist plays predominantly in metal bands, doesn't mean they dont cross over into other genres and tones. Have you ever listened to bands like Opeth, they blend acoustic guitars and beautiful clean tones with full on death metal.
Is Opeth still doing death metal? I have most of they last few albums they definitely veered off into progressive rock land.

I would not say it was all metal
Aerosmith , Def Leppard
Guthrie Govan , Cooper Carter Larry Mitchell , Alex Lifeson , Steve VAI , none of which I would class metal
OK. Guess that's true-Just not anything I Would use for what I play. With the exception of Guthrie and Cooper. I'll leave it at that.
Jeeezzz-I should have known this was a subject I should not have touched. BTW I have downloaded and listened to and tried EVERY GOT so far.
I didn't just decide what I could use by the name of the artist. ATM, I use NONE of them.

OK. Guess that's true-Just not anything I Would use for what I play. With the exception of Guthrie and Cooper. I'll leave it at that.
Jeeezzz-I should have known this was a subject I should not have touched. BTW I have downloaded and listened to and tried EVERY GOT so far.
I didn't just decide what I could use by the name of the artist. ATM, I use NONE of them.
FWIW - I play metal and I don't use any of them either ;)

Is Opeth still doing death metal? I have most of they last few albums they definitely veered off into progressive rock land.
Yeah, they regressed to being Camel essentially. Mikael ditched the growling (except live) I'm talking more about the earlier albums, My Arms Your Hearse, Blackwater Park, and Still Life.

No but I will tonight-Thanks

This is nice. Never really gelled with the CA3+ due to its biting upper mids. But the included IR pairs well with the amp and sounds great.

I was under the impression that Wes uses KPAs live. He even had one in his rack in a very recent rig rundown video. Can you clarify please?

I was under the impression that Wes uses KPAs live. He even had one in his rack in a very recent rig rundown video. Can you clarify please?
I’m watching a video with WH right now that showcases the Kemper. Seems he does use that live, but he may still own and craft tones with FAS gear. I dunno.

I have to thank Wes and the Fractal team for this GOT because it introduced me to the ODS-100 Clean (yes, I am a total neophyte in the amp world)! I pretty much replaced the amps in most of my presets with this one now!! What a delicious amp, so clean ;~)) The mids and low mids are like ringing bells, and I find it difficult to get to mud on the low end! Such an incredible product and team ;~))

Back
Top Bottom