Gift of Tone #12 - JUSTIN YORK

Sounds killer! Do you typically put reverb and delay in front of the amp? I guess I just automatically always stick them post-amp/cab.

Thank you for the gift !
So the CAB is at the end.....if i make the delays Stereo....will it be in STEREO ?

Thank you for the gift !
So the CAB is at the end.....if i make the delays Stereo....will it be in STEREO ?
No, you’d still have to treat it like a real amp rig by running a stereo reverb/delay into two amp and cab blocks. Setting reverb/delay to stereo would be sending a stereo signal into a mono source (one amp).

If you wanted to use this preset with stereo effects, you’d have to make them stereo, put them after the cab, and adjust the Mix Level.

Thanks! Yes, I make presets the way I would set up my real gear, so I always put my reverb and delay before the amp. It sounds less sterile and gives your tone a little more character.

That is most probably exactly the trick that I've been missing all the time, thanks! And thanks for the preset, I'm very curious about the JCM2000-ish.

Justin's YA FDMN 412 BLND Mix 11 is my go to 4x12 IR. It's one of those "sounds good on everything" IR's.

This is an awesome preset cab bundle. You could totally cover a full gig with these tones, they are all good and usable.
FYI if you haven't tried the FullRes IR's on your AxeFX III yet, try this in your cab block...
1670884054419.png

Last edited:
@York Audio Justin, I really got some early Paramore vibes from the first 2-3 albums listening to the tones. Not sure if any of these are your aspiration in creating this, but something along the Riot and Brand New Eyes era would be great!

For lead tones from that era, I can’t quite figure out what effect y’all used…some kind of harmonized or pitch/octave?

Justin's YA FDMN 412 BLND Mix 11 is my go to 4x12 IR. It's one of those "sounds good on everything" IR's.

This is an awesome preset cab bundle. You could totally cover a full gig with these tones, they are all good and usable.
FYI if you haven't tried the TrueRes IR's on your AxeFX III yet, try this in your cab block...
View attachment 112565
You mean Ultrares?

This whole GOT series has been phenomenal, but this one is especially welcome. I was just messing around with refining some IRs in a few of my own presets (I've gone fully York Audio and am still working through everything) -- during that time I was thinking how much I'd love a preset pack from YA.

Thanks Santa!

Back
Top Bottom