Getting the trainwreck rocket sound

dwmichaels

Inspired
I'm still working on my "diving into the guts" of the Axe to get sounds, so I thought I'd ask the question as well.

Can the Wrecker 1 preset (the Trainwreck Express) get a sound like the Trainwreck Rocket in this video:

Trainwreck Rocket - YouTube

I've got a clean sound and it sounds okay, but I know I don't have the reverb nailed yet. I also have to poke around and try and find a cab. Right now I'm just using what was there which is the 4x12 basketweave G12M25 which I believe is a bit darker/not as bright as the video.

Not looking for anyone to spell it all out, just more or less if I should be able to get a similar clean or are the amps just that different. From what I've read they're all different, but I don't know if that's different like fender/marshall or just fender to fender (i.e. the cleans should be similar).

Thanks in advance.

next step might be to try and just tone match the video with the wrecker clean I have.

I swear Cliff read minds before the minds think of stuff. Awesome....thank you.

It was mentioned in a thread a week ago that Cliff was adding a Morgan 20, Komet (Trainwreck Liverpool(?) clone), and a Ruby (Trainwreck Rocket clone)

Express and Rocket are two completely different animals so your best bet is to wait until the Rocket lands with the next FW release

I'm still working on my "diving into the guts" of the Axe to get sounds, so I thought I'd ask the question as well.

Can the Wrecker 1 preset (the Trainwreck Express) get a sound like the Trainwreck Rocket in this video:

Trainwreck Rocket - YouTube

I've got a clean sound and it sounds okay, but I know I don't have the reverb nailed yet. I also have to poke around and try and find a cab. Right now I'm just using what was there which is the 4x12 basketweave G12M25 which I believe is a bit darker/not as bright as the video.

Not looking for anyone to spell it all out, just more or less if I should be able to get a similar clean or are the amps just that different. From what I've read they're all different, but I don't know if that's different like fender/marshall or just fender to fender (i.e. the cleans should be similar).

Thanks in advance.

next step might be to try and just tone match the video with the wrecker clean I have.

It was mentioned in a thread a week ago that Cliff was adding a Morgan 20, Komet (Trainwreck Liverpool(?) clone), and a Ruby (Trainwreck Rocket clone)

Thanks for that info - I remember the post but a "ruby" meant nothing to me and I didn't remember the exact names. Knowing it's a clone helps a bunch :)

Thanks for that info - I remember the post but a "ruby" meant nothing to me and I didn't remember the exact names. Knowing it's a clone helps a bunch :)

It's a clone in the sense that Ken Fischer didn't build it himself, but both the Komet and Ruby are two of the best clones available (unless you want to spend 30k+ on a real one).

I played through one actual Trainwreck amp years ago- no clue what model it was, but it haunts me terribly to this day. Similar thing with my only Dumble experience- I played through Stephen Bruton's ODS (not sure how many he may of had) into a Marshall 4x10 cab at a venue where I was playing later on after him. He handed me his '59 335 and I played briefly and then handed it back so I didn't annoy him. Unreal tone and response from picking and volume knob. Man did he have a killer set after that- miss seeing that dude play around town.

I'm looking forward to these amps in this next batch...

The Komet isn't a Rocket, nor is it a Liverpool. The Liverpool is 90% Vox AC-30. The Komet is an Express with higher voltages, more power, and a somewhat more "Marshally" frequency response.

The Komet isn't a Rocket, nor is it a Liverpool. The Liverpool is 90% Vox AC-30. The Komet is an Express with higher voltages, more power, and a somewhat more "Marshally" frequency response.
I thought the only thing the Liverpool had in common with the AC30 was the power section? The preamp section is basically just ripped out of an Express.

The Rocket is supposed to be bare bones AC30 with better lows.

Back
Top Bottom