GCP Midi controller --- AXE FX --- MISSION PEDAL

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Ok....have a GCP midi contoller/Axe FX/and a Mission pedal.....setting up to control volume with it.....I have pedal plugged into GCP Pro 1st pedal insert....I set GCP 1st pedal to "on" in the GCP menu.....then I go to I/O on Axe and move pedal after hitting enter and it "learns" fine.....I press save......WORKS.....but when I switch channels and then go back it doesnt.....seems the GCP only sends message when I go into menu....WEIRD...any help????

Re: GCP PRO --- AXE FX --- MISSION PEDAL

Please someone??? It works perfect when I plug pedal directly into back of pedal insert of Axe FX....so why the issue with my GCP midi controller?

can you explain a little more about what is not working. Is it a Mission SP-1 with both pedal and switch. Is it the pedal that is not working or the switch or both? When you say switch, channels, do you mean you are switching patches on the GCPro and it works on the first patch but then not afterwards. James.

I have pedal from you that has no toe click button and has 1 switch underneath, It is a GCP problem not your pedal or the AXE.....I can only get it to read pedal as a midi signal on the AXE when I am in the GCP mode trying to set turn pedal 1 on....once I get out of that and try and use like normal it doesn't keep that setting...even though when I go back into the GCP and look and it still says pedal 1 "on"......it only works when I'm in that menu screen...ya dig? What can I do?

That's not the answer....because it wont even work on the 1st patch after I save and move to the next......anyone else? Thanks guys...appreciate the trial and error!

weird. when it is not working, does the midi in light on the axe-fx flash as you move the pedal? this would at least indicate the gcpro is sending data. if so then check the control menu and make sure the axe correctly learned that the source should be the midi continuous controller. if the light does not flash then maybe the gcpro is not correctly saving the pedal configuration. not sure why this would be though. James.

Yes the light goes on when I move pedal when I'm in the menu on the GCP to turn pedal 1 on....once I exit and try and use the patch....nothing. Maybe an issue with the GCP???

Yes...midi light works...but only in mod menu of GCP.....when I switch out to use normal...it isnt there!

sounds like the gcpro is not saving its config for some reason. Did you try posting on the voodoo lab forum. Their tech is very responsive. James.

You cant really save on the GCP.....you set...then press exit and answer yes....that is suppose to do it. Weird thing is when I go back into the menu mode on the GCP the setting is saved like I had it....so it should work....

Ok....figured it out on own....in the GCP you set the pedals to on....then you have to Edit and the bottom select on the right side at same time....then again hit the bottom select once I believe or twice.......toggle the yes button until CTL000 comes up...then continue with yes until CTL007 comes up(for volume)....then save and done!

Back
Top Bottom