G66 Purchasing...

Elixir

I'm in the UK and looking to purchase an Axe via G66. If i pay direct via card i'm charged roughly near an extra £50 due to it being overseas. If i pay via PayPal will i still come across these types of fees, or is there a way around it?

Last edited:
I've been in touch with Sussi, and she's been really helpful. I'm just wondering though, has everyone who has purchased from G66 had to pay the extra fees that credit cards/paypal charge?

G66 from France with no extra charges from paypal. Sussi is really helpfull. Cannot think of a better service from a vendor. G66 is a class on it's own!

G66 best seller in Europe , great communication , fast shipping , no extra charges , good chocolate bonus...;)

I'm in the UK and looking to purchase an Axe via G66. If i pay direct via card i'm charged roughly near an extra £50 due to it being overseas. If i pay via PayPal will i still come across these types of fees, or is there a way around it?

Well, G66 has the best service i've ever experienced and there is no extra charge with PayPal:encouragement:

I recall buyng one of my units from them by cash transfer, that's the only way to avoid credit card or PayPal fees. Email them.

Like the others say, G66 provide as good a service as you'll find anywhere. Simply excellent - prompt, friendly, helpful. Sussi is superb and they are a great partner to Fractal.

If i pay via PayPal will i still come across these types of fees,

Paypal is always using a higher conversion rate when you order from a country that has another currency. That's where they get their money. They say Paypal is free but it isn't. Has nothing to do with g66 but with Paypal.

You can change your PayPal settings so they don't do the exchange and instead leave that to your bank or cc. This means you won't et overcharged by PayPal for the FX exchange.

Right, cheers. Did you pay via PayPal?
No, credit card, I didn't think G66 did Paypal last year when I ordered. I've bought things in Euros with paypal before, and as long as it's been from my bank account rather than a credit card I've not had any fees, but suspect the exchange rate is worse.

Paypal is free for the user unless there are currency conversions - then you get hammered. I think I did a bank transfer (UKP -> EURO) and got slightly less hammered by my bank.

I use always paypal but I paid my XL on line with a bank transfer, you can trust them!! PayPal's fees are typically 2.9%... so it's cheaper for everybody not using this payment method if the seller is trusted such as G66

+1 G66!!

Check your credit card... A few do not charge for overseas transactions.. I use the Post Office card for this.. I Just pay it off as soon as I get the bill.

Back
Top Bottom