FW9

Heading out on a beer run now. 8)

What is a beer run?

Is it something like that: When I studied we had a yearly Beerathlon-Festival. The goal was to start at the University Campus and 'run' to the Hall of Residence using a predefined way on which were many pubs (about 15). In each pub you had to drink a certain amount of beer (you only knew how much when you entered the respective pub, usually 2-4 pints), which was obligatory. But you could drink additional voluntary beers and each of those gave you a time credit (again it was different in each pub). The person to reach the dorm in the shortest time won.

I took part once but passed out before entering the 8th or 9th pub and never made it to the Student's Hall which made me decide not to enter into this competition again. Wise decision, I finished my studies in due time but many of my fellow students who took part regularly have not finished their studies by today and very probably never ever will (and I graduated in 1993... ;-))

What is a beer run?

Is it something like that: When I studied we had a yearly Beerathlon-Festival. The goal was to start at the University Campus and 'run' to the Hall of Residence using a predefined way on which were many pubs (about 15). In each pub you had to drink a certain amount of beer (you only knew how much when you entered the respective pub, usually 2-4 pints), which was obligatory. But you could drink additional voluntary beers and each of those gave you a time credit (again it was different in each pub). The person to reach the dorm in the shortest time won.

I took part once but passed out before entering the 8th or 9th pub and never made it to the Student's Hall which made me decide not to enter into this competition again. Wise decision, I finished my studies in due time but many of my fellow students who took part regularly have not finished their studies by today and very probably never ever will (and I graduated in 1993... ;-))

It just means going to the store to get some beer. I'm surprised your Beerathlon-Festival isn't popular at colleges here! I've never heard of that but I'm old have have no real idea what college students do these days LOL!

We call this a "pub crawl".

Back
Top Bottom