FW18.03 - Sugaree Jam

iaresee

Administrator
We've recovered from our lack-of-a-singer problem and hooked with a soulful guy who happens to enjoy The Dead. So, I'm getting Dead-ucated and loving it. Despite being a total Phish-head for all these years, I've never paid much mind to The Dead. I'm making up for that momentary lapse of reason now!

We tackled Sugaree this week and the rehearsal tape was pretty groovin' so I thought I'd share the outro. You can tell it was a first-run and we hadn't discussed how we'd end it. :D

Patch is a FW18-tweaked version of my Trey A patch. Haven't shared it out yet because I'm not completely happy with where it's at right now. Soon? Sure. Soon.

We're taking this jam-rock-southern-cali-thing live on the 26th of April in Sausalito at the No Name Bar if anyone wants to join us. It'll be a good evening. Probably too many long jams and jokes, but fun.

Cool.

I am in a heavily Dead influenced group right now. I'll keep an eye out for your patch.

My main patch is a Morgan with a drive pedal. I play a lot of the solos clean but use the drive for some of the rock and slide stuff I do.

Nice! Would love your patch!
Long time Dead Head! I dig Phish, Panic, Moe etc, too.
Got confirmation for Soldier Field tix, two show in the GA pit. Fitting since I saw Jerry's last shows there too.
Keep posting tracks, sounds great!

Sent from my iPhone

Nice Ian! Looking forward to your tweaked Trey patch... your V14 version has become my main patch for my current band (also becoming heavily Dead-influenced). Although I definitely needed to tweak it after upgrading to 18 last week. It sounds amazing in headphones, will see how it sounds at practice tmw night... we're also (hopefully) auditioning a new female singer.

Been a long time Phish fan and getting into the Dead more and more the last couple years. This sounds great for a first run, I've listened to it twice now.

I started dinking around trying to make a Trey patch the other day. I'd love to try yours when you get it made. Are you using a Deluxe Reverb, or a Mesa as your amp?

Are you using a Deluxe Reverb, or a Mesa as your amp?
X side of the AMP block is a Mesa, Y side is a Shiva -- based on his touring setup for the past few years.

I'll see if I can make myself happy with the patch tonight and push it out. The clean sounds are working, I'm not happy with the drive blocks. They sound markedly different against the G3'ed versions of the amps.

Back
Top Bottom