FW12.03 beta 4 (Not a bug)

dkijc

Experienced
Hey guys,

I know this is beta but just thought it was worth mentioning.

Whenever I go to a preset, after few seconds it goes straight to the EDIT mode of a block. (where ever the cursor is in the layout)

The first problem probably is the reason why I'm experiencing thisL

If I set the chorus to Dimension. When I change the scene while my cursor is on the CHORUS block it goes into the edit mode and when I click on LAYOUT button to go out of the edit mode it goes back to the edit mode again.

BTW. I think I remember there was a time this 'auto edit' mode was introduced (when you click layout, where ever the cursor it goes into edit mode of that block) but before this incident I never noticed how FAST it goes into the mode. And I also never noticed going into the edit mode straight from the preset screen. Is there a way to turn it off? Or is this issue just related to me?

Thanks!

EDIT: For some ODD reason my Axe was being 'edited' through my usb. I had my usb cable attached and after detaching it it stopped doing it.... weird.

Sorry for the confusion everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Whenever I go to a preset, after few seconds it goes straight to the EDIT mode of a block. (where ever the cursor is in the layout)
Is Axe-Edit running and is your Axe-Fx II connected to your computer via USB? If so, that's why it was doing this.

I took a beating on this awhile back, calling it a bug! After it was explained to me, it made perfect sense that when Axe-Edit is connected and running, the hardware front panel follows everything you do within AE. I resigned to the fact that it's a good design.

AH! That's what it was... Thanks for that. I thought after upgrading the firmware maybe being connected to USB was doing something weird. Never had axe edit running while updating a firmware on my Axe so I prolly never realised doing that.

Happy new year!

Back
Top Bottom