FW10 "Pop" when switching between two scenes with a different amp

Not really sure if this is a bug because I just started using the "Scene" functionality but when switching between 2 scenes that use a different amp, you get a "pop" (see attached image for example).

Other than that, FW10 rules!

Attachments

• Bug.jpg
    Bug.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 67
Not really sure if this is a bug because I just started using the "Scene" functionality but when switching between 2 scenes that use a different amp, you get a "pop" (see attached image for example).

Other than that, FW10 rules!
Hmm, make sure you don't have odd settings with volumes and master volumes. Try to keep every block close to unity gain and avoid digital clipping. Remember that amp blocks at an output level of 0 are usually extremely loud. Do you change the X/Y states of those amps aswell?
Which amp models do you use so we can try to recreate the issue?

And have you tried putting the amps in parallel, both with "mute" bypass setting? Maybe it's due to the bypass filter not rolling off as fast as it should?

Please list the amp models involved.

There seem to be a couple of amps that "Pop" when switching to that model.

I'm using the Brit Silver in Scene 1 for a crunchy rhythm and a Freidman HBE in Scenes 2 and 3 for rhythm and solo with 3 just being a wetter version of 2. I get pops moving from any to any between the 3 scenes. I tried it without Axe-Edit connected as noted in another thread to no avail. Same story. I need to check CPU utilization next maybe?

Hmm, make sure you don't have odd settings with volumes and master volumes. Try to keep every block close to unity gain and avoid digital clipping. Remember that amp blocks at an output level of 0 are usually extremely loud. Do you change the X/Y states of those amps aswell?
Which amp models do you use so we can try to recreate the issue?

Please list the amp models involved.

There seem to be a couple of amps that "Pop" when switching to that model.

I do not use the "X/Y" funtion (I never use it now that there's the Scene funtion). The amp models I use are the Shiver Clean and the FAS Modern. I turned off all the other effects and it still "pops" when switching from one amp to another.
You also can see both amps settings. The FAS Modern level is really low compared to the Shiver Clean but they are both equally loud (see the attached image).

Bug2.jpg

Ahhh, the classic mistake. Don't put amp blocks in series. Especially when one is clean and the other is high-gain. Always put them in parallel and set the bypass mode to mute.

Ahhh, the classic mistake. Don't put amp blocks in series. Especially when one is clean and the other is high-gain. Always put them in parallel and set the bypass mode to mute.

Oh.. I'm sorry... I did not try to do that because JSM said "I have them setup in parallel and I'm having the same issue", but I should have tried it. My mistake.

Thanks for the great support Fractal!

I'm in parallel with mute bypass mode. Switching from amp1 Y Bludo lead to amp1 X Double Verb via scenes gives a healthy low freq pop every time.

I'll get a preset uploaded when I'm near my axe maybe later tonight.

I am running two amps into the own cabs in parallel. I just figured at some point when one reroutes audio, one my get pops or a break in the sound. But it is weird that that doesn't happen between all models. Some seem to be more temperamental than others.

Had the same popping/dropout issue, until today.

I was trying to backup my banks with Axe-Edit. The banks contains several presets created with FW 7/8/10. During the backup Axe-Edit crashed and i had to reset the AxeFX unit because it didn't responded to computer and midi signals. After reset i transferred the original FW10 banks and some presets i knew they were created with FW10 from scratch. Until now i do not have heard any dropouts or pops or volume isuues yet, not the big noticeable i had before. Hopes this helps anybody...

Here's what I was able to figure out. I had some operator error (noob style) and discovered a few other interesting tidbits.

1. Going from Brit Silver scene 1 to Friedman HBE in scene 2, in parallel but I did NOT set Brit to mute Bypass mode in Scene 2 - Solved that. Thanks Cliff and others.

2. Using Friedman HBE set for X in Scene 2 and set same amp EQ differently in Scene 3 using Y (ALL else the same with CPU <85%) still delivers a noticeable gap. Not sure if that is the final verdict on gapless from X to Y. I hope not.

3. Important* Switching between scenes with Axe-Edit running yielded mixed results. If I had the amp block selected in Axe-Edit, I got gaps between scenes. If I moved the focus off of the amp i.e. select another block (I tried Cab/Drive etc.) I did NOT get gaps.

Hope this helps someone else.

BTW, the tones in 10 are amazing. Can't wait for the remaining bugs to get resolved in 10 and the GA release of the new AE.

JSM

Until now this pop problem hasn't been addressed. Always had this Amp X/Y pop problem with my Axe fx (with every FW) before scenes was happening. I had hoped scenes has solved this pop problem but that is not the case. I am using scenes to move between amp X and Y and with many amp combinations I am getting low pops. I also get the same pops when switches presets sometimes.

Anyone know how this can be solved?

I've got same issue on switching Amp X/Y, really anoying for recording

Any solution

Yes really annoying for both recording and live. Been struggling with this ever since I have the Axe fx (1,5 years ago) and can't get rid of it. Pops in scenes, Amp x/y and preset switching.
Seems like the switching in the Axe fx can't handle differences in amp levels and preset and scenes output volumes. Hoping for a solution and that FAS will address this problem cause many here are experiencing the same thing. There have been many topics regarding pops but never a solution.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom