FW10 Amp bank

Most excellent!

Bank A of the AXE should come in this format with the amps in logical order first -- with the balance of the bank left blank for user customization

Banks 2 and 3 should be reserved for preset samples.

Great job!
I like the moderate gain on the heavy amps.

I noticed that HiCut in the Cab blocks is set at 6.5kHz. Probably good to add that to your post / Excel file.

That uber-clean Ecstasy Blue tone, is that on purpose? :)

Just asking: why is it important to you to keep the same level with / without the Cab blocks?

Last edited:
Thanks Alexander.
The Lo & Hi cut was a remnant from my FW 9 amp bank.
That uber-clean Ecstasy Blue tone, is that on purpose? :)
I guess it is... I'll have to check.;)
I like moderate gain on heavier amps as well.
I like it when they clean up nicely when turning down the volume on the guitar.
I try to play with as little gain as possible.
I like to keep the same level for both amp and cab block as bypassed because that makes it easier if I want to import amps, cabs or both into other presets.
It's my way to level presets.
I have something similar like you where I use the same chain but with different amp/cab combinations.
This way the levels stay the same after importing the blocks.

I've done all the amp/cabs with my Larking Blue Pointy Thing.
It's a superstrat with a swamp ash body, Irish flamed maple top and neck and Seymour Duncan pickups.
Today I checked some of the presets I liked a lot with my Fender 35th anniversary strat an my Larkin 7-string for the high gain amps.
These are the ones I liked the most: ordered clean to high gain

Fender Twin Reverb (DOUBLE VERB) - 2x12 Double Verb Mix
Vox AC-30 Top Boost (CLASS-A 30W TB) - 2x12 Class-A 30w Silver Mix
Budda Twinmaster (BUTTERY) - 4x12 Basketweave TV Mix
Trainwreck Express (WRECKER 1) - 4x12 Basketweave TV Mix
Matchless Chieftain 2 (BOUTIQUE 2) - 4x12 Basketweave TV Mix
Marshall JCM800 Mod (BRIT 800 MOD) - 4x12 Basketweave TV Mix
Mesa Triaxis Ld2 Yellow (USA PRE YELLOW) - 4x12 Petrucci V30 Mix
Cameron CCV Ch2 (CAMERON CH 2) - 4x12 Recto V30 (OH)
Friedman Hairy Brown Eye (FRIEDMAN HBE) - 4x12 Recto V30 (OH)
Carvin Legacy (CALI LEGGY) - 4x12 Petrucci V30 Mix
Marshall AFD100 (BRIT SUPER) - 4x12 Petrucci V30 Mix
Marshall JVM410 1 Orange (BRIT JVM OD1 OR) - 4x12 Petrucci V30 Mix
Diezel VH4 FAS (DAS METALL) - 4x12 Recto V30 (RW)
Engl Powerball (ENERGYBALL) - 4x12 Petrucci V30 Mix
Bogner Uberschall (EURO UBER) - 4x12 Recto V30 (OH)
EVH 5150 III Red (5153 RED) - 4x12 Recto V30 (OH)
Splawn Quickrod 3rd (SPAWN Q-ROD 3RD) - 4x12 Petrucci V30 Mix
Mesa DualRecto Red Vintage (RECTO RED VNTG) - 4x12 Recto V30 (RW)

Reactions: yek

Thanks - looks like a load of hard work and hours of dreary checking and double-checking..... I appreciate your efforts.

Just to be sure I'm wrapping my head around what you're doing here, if I d/l your banks amp settings into Bank C:
- This sets all the amp blocks to a consistent volume level, with or without cabs.
- When assigning cab blocks, I'll probably need to drop them -3db from their factory default settings, to maintain consistent volume levels with or without cabs.
- as far as the amp Drive, master, amp level, and cab level settings - where are these coming from? are these your preferences, suggested best settings, factory defaults, or what?
I'm thinking about digging into your system here, on one of my banks, to get a good foundational starting point, but I'm trying to be sure I understand where you're coming from, first.

Hi MisterE,

Just share my experience with you.

I am in a hate love affair with the Axe since the beginning. Going back and forth from Axe to real tube amps. Tried Matrix, Atomic, full range, everything there is I guess. But I always came back to real amps and cabs. Last week I stumbled on your great work and I also got an old Mesa boogie fifty/fifty power amp from eBay. What the heck I thought. I just finished my 4 cm Engl Invader Axe fx combi set up by the way.... I downloaded your presets and hooked the Axe fx up with the Mesa. Amp sims off power amp sims off. First attempt: the Mesa boogie amps of course (and everything else with 6l6 tubes in the power amp section since thats what the Mesa has). Holy moly; this Recto orange and Recto red vintage do sound so good I could not believe it. All Fender amps too, and the EVH models are realy nice! Man can you imagen; I did rebuilt my rig and run with your basic amp settings using the Axe amp models with my good old Mesa fifty/fifty and Engl 2 x 12 cabs and I could not be happier. The power and feel are so what I was looking for. And yes I did A B comparison with the last set up 4 cm with the Engl Invader but no way, it comes not even close. Thanks man. Great work!

Reactions: yek
Back
Top Bottom