FW.Q8 5F1 Tweed EC - 4-Scene Preset & Vid demo

I stayed up just 'cause you said you were close to posting this and I wanted to hear it before I knocked off for the night. :)

Was not disappointed.

Edit: Try the bias trem on the AMP block. :yum:

I stayed up just 'cause you said you were close to posting this and I wanted to hear it before I knocked off for the night. :)

Was not disappointed.

Edit: Try the bias trem on the AMP block. :yum:

I am very flattered! Glad you liked it. I did try the bias trem in the amp block. It didn't quite do it for me, so went for my own version. Cheers. :)

I am impressed, it sounds so authentic and your playin is so tastefully, thank you for the preset

From what i read, Clapton specifically requested the bias trem to be added to the Champ, and wanted the effect to be subtle.....and it is, nicely so, IMHO

From what i read, Clapton specifically requested the bias trem to be added to the Champ, and wanted the effect to be subtle.....and it is, nicely so, IMHO

It's a single-ended power amp with negative feedback and bias tremolo. Subtle is the only possibility with this configuration. Bias tremolo works by modulating the quiescent operating point of the power tubes. With a single-ended power amp with negative feedback the gain doesn't change much as you change the operating point, hence the tremolo effect is subtle. Bias tremolo works best on amps with little to no negative feedback.

@Burgs Your tone sounds awesome and thanks for sharing your preset!

I plan to install Quantum 8 later today but I noticed a huge tone improvement with Quantum 7, especially when using FRFR. I'm not the greatest player or tone tweaker but Quantum 7 can really polish a turd haha. Garbage in, Diamonds out!

Back
Top Bottom