FW 8.01 wierd behaviour AND SCREEN FROZEN , AXE FX CRASHED !!

Sidius

so i updated the FW to 8.01... When i scroll through the patches it acts normal but when i go to an AMP block to edit, 59 BASSGUY is always selected and AMP Y is selected. Very annoying :evil

as i type this... when i tried to press RECALL My AXE FROZE , and the screen went blank.. HELP !! and please FIX THIS!!

so i updated the FW to 8.01... When i scroll through the patches it acts normal but when i go to an AMP block to edit, 59 BASSGUY is always selected and AMP Y is selected. Very annoying :evil

as i type this... when i tried to press RECALL My AXE FROZE , and the screen went blank.. HELP !! and please FIX THIS!!

Also if i go back to the presets it automatically changes my custom amps to 59 BASSGUY.. i have to manualy go to AMP block and change it back to AMP X which contains the original amp.. ANy ideas?? im very worried something awry will go wrong at a studio session or gig... i wish i never updated to 8.01 :(

OKAY . Time it froze in the middle of playing guitar!!!! .. :(

at the time it froze:
- was the Axe connected to the PC / Mac via USB?
- was Axe-Edit open or closed?
- was a DAW or other MIDI instrument capable of generating MIDI playing in the background?

I can duplicate the amp X-Y behavior when editing. Not only that, just scrolling through presets caused some of the presets to default to amp Y (59 Bassguy) and the preset was saved with amp Y active when I went back to it (I didn't even go into editing, just scrolling through). Going back to 8.0.

No lock ups for me during the brief time I had 8.01 installed.

If you just open the preset, edit the amp and hit X and then save it, it'll stay that way. It fixes the issue, and I'm sure an actual correction will be made soon.

Is this with Axe-Edit?

I found issues retrieving patches, and also patches defaulting to te Bassman in Axe-Edit (though in the main unit it was correct) since 8.0 (so not restricted to 8.01).

I have had no issues whatsoever (in 30 hours of playing tweeking) with 8.01 when used in isolation (which is mostly - I hardly ever use Axe-Edit appart from FW updates and occasionally uploading/downloading something from Axe-Exchange - which is where I had the issues).

Incidentally, I did have freezes and crashes after a FW update some while ago (cant remember if it was the 2 or my old Standard). It happened to me, and me only - and was tied down to the univibe setting in a phaser. whenever I had that in a patch it would randomly freeze (sometimes when booting up, sometimes while playing). G66 had iot back, they changed my unit but I still had the issue. No-one else seemed to have it (well not that Im aware of), but Fractal were also informed, and patches were sent (sopme of which reproduced the effect on other units). Ultimately it was fixed (I presume) as it never happened once that FW was updated.

It does show though, that there are so many combinations of settings available int he AFX, that an issue like this CAN happen, and appear to happen to only one or two users while for everyone else its fine. Its just that they havent managed to combine things in such a way as to cause the issue.

I suggest looking at the preset your using when you get a freeze, as it could well be an issued caused by a corrupt preset, OR something in a particular block not playing well with something else in that preset.

Official statement: This is a bug that occurs with older revision presets. Cliff is working on a fix right now and 8.02 should be out later today. I'll post this in the official 8.01 release thread also so people who read that know to wait.

Thanks for your understanding :).

The 404 Milk packet is nice, but a Beer bottle or five would be better!
How many bottles you can drink while waiting for the 8.02? I am ending the first one (vacation time is started:p).

ahhhhhhh the world of software development
fix one thing ..........................................break 2 others
being a developer myself..................."I understand" :|

I'm still on 7.0 as I love what I'm getting out of this box now.
the Atomica Hi is really the only thing I was jacked about so I can patiently wait. :D

Official statement: This is a bug that occurs with older revision presets. Cliff is working on a fix right now and 8.02 should be out later today. I'll post this in the official 8.01 release thread also so people who read that know to wait.

Thanks for your understanding :).
thats great news.. i hope Cliff knows about the screen freeze and axe fx crash! hope they will get fixed too.. Many thanks for everything! :)

I went from 7.0 to 8.01 and have this same issue. I was connected to axe-edit briefly for FW upgrade and recalled one of the presets- that's when the 59 bassguy thing happened to the patches.

-Phil

Back
Top Bottom