FW 7.0 beta to the front!

I am looking forward to another update. I've had my ax8 set up in my rig for a about five months. No updates, and I think I was on 4? This weekend after reading about 6, I thought I would hook it back up to the computer and try it out. It was a let down.
I basically have about five presets I use, fairly complicated with five scenes x/y amps and effects. Mostly classic Rock and clean. There seemed to be a harshness to everything that wasn't there before.
I will admit that I am not a tweaker, and I don't want to be. I spent a good part of the eighties and nineties with boogies and refuse to go back. What I liked the most about this unit was how good it sounded straight out of the box, minimal adjustments, if any.
Should I wait for the update? Or should I dig back in and try to make them bearable again? It kind of took the wind out of my sails....

I am looking forward to another update. I've had my ax8 set up in my rig for a about five months. No updates, and I think I was on 4? This weekend after reading about 6, I thought I would hook it back up to the computer and try it out. It was a let down.
I basically have about five presets I use, fairly complicated with five scenes x/y amps and effects. Mostly classic Rock and clean. There seemed to be a harshness to everything that wasn't there before.
I will admit that I am not a tweaker, and I don't want to be. I spent a good part of the eighties and nineties with boogies and refuse to go back. What I liked the most about this unit was how good it sounded straight out of the box, minimal adjustments, if any.
Should I wait for the update? Or should I dig back in and try to make them bearable again? It kind of took the wind out of my sails....

On major updates, you generally have to do some tweaks. The most common is to select a different amp type, and then reselect your desired type, in the Amp Block. That resets advanced parameters, but leaves basic controls like Drive, B/M/T, Master and Level where you previously set them. Or, you can do a full reset of the block, which resets every parameter.

When significant changes in the underlying algorithms are made, one of these two steps is usually necessary. After you perform one of these reset steps, the Amp Block should sound good "straight out of the box" again with "minimal adjustments".

On major updates, you generally have to do some tweaks. The most common is to select a different amp type, and then reselect your desired type, in the Amp Block. That resets advanced parameters, but leaves basic controls like Drive, B/M/T, Master and Level where you previously set them. Or, you can do a full reset of the block, which resets every parameter.

When significant changes in the underlying algorithms are made, one of these two steps is usually necessary. After you perform one of these reset steps, the Amp Block should sound good "straight out of the box" again with "minimal adjustments".
Thanks, I appreciate that, I'll give that a try. The guys are getting together this weekend, and it's been a while. Was hoping to not have to fight this while getting ready. The p.a. Is a mess too.
But, I have backups for everything. And, I'll be on drums too, so best not to stress and have a good time.
Knowing us, football might be a little distracting too...

Back
Top Bottom