Brezzo

It would be amazing to have a model of the Fuzz Factory by Zvex, I love this pedal so much and achieving it's sound with the actuall fuzz boxes and blocks is doable but requires a lot of CPU in my experience. I'm using a very compressed sound directly in DI, inspired by Matt Bellamy's sound (Muse).

obviously this has come up before. fuzzes are the achilles heel of the axe fx, because of the way guitar pickups interact with pedals and specifically fuzz pedals. i can't remember the details...something about impedance...someone will fill in the details, so it's very difficult to model their behaviour. i remember asking for the FF way back when i first got my first axe fx, as it was one of the pedals i sold to fund the purchase. i think the only way to get that sound is to get that pedal. (at the moment).

obviously this has come up before. fuzzes are the achilles heel of the axe fx, because of the way guitar pickups interact with pedals and specifically fuzz pedals. i can't remember the details...something about impedance...someone will fill in the details, so it's very difficult to model their behaviour. i remember asking for the FF way back when i first got my first axe fx, as it was one of the pedals i sold to fund the purchase. i think the only way to get that sound is to get that pedal. (at the moment).
Actually if I'm not wrong on the Axe Fx3 and Fm9 they introduced the "auto/variable impedance" in the input block witch simulates the behavior of a proper fuzz, as long as the fuzz is the first non byapassed block in the chain. Details can be found on Fractal Audio Wiki.

Probably this is one of the features that makes fuzzes on Fractal sound so good, I love them so far and it's even much easier to nail the sound level on my emulation that it is on my real fuzz factory, it's volume just oscillates like a phaser wave :).

It still doesnt load down like the actual pedal though to my knowledge.

Stick any real fuzz in front of the axe and everything should operate as expected iirc.

Stick any real fuzz in front of the axe and everything should operate as expected iirc.
Yeah probably you are right but for my use of it I’m very happy with Fractal fuzzes, I use it live for a very compressed thick sound I use for solos and I don’t play with the guitar volume knob, so even if it does not behave 100% like the real thing, 90% is enough for me.
If I need to use it for recording I also have the real thing if I need specific sounds that are hard to achieve with fractal.

This

This.

It's impossible to get a buffered device (like a multi-effect) to replicate fuzz pedals because the input impedance of a fuzz pedal is nonlinear. You can get close by using a static input resistance at the input to the device but it will never be exactly the same.

Back
Top Bottom