Future MIDI-Implemented rig: How to?

So, my friends, as I have been thinking about the rig that I will ultimately be using, it has occurred to me that I don't understand MIDI routing in the slightest.

As it stands at this time and date, here is my dream rig:

Bass-->Line 6 Relay G50 Wireless-->Axe-FX Ultra (In Loop: Rocktron PatchMate MIDI Controlled Effects loop + 5 pedals which I'll get to in a moment)-->Bag End INFRA MXB (basically a crossover system with phase adjustment in the bottom 3 octaves of the audible spectrum)-->QSC RMX2405--> Bag End S15X-D/S18E-D

On the floor will be the MFC101 (or, depending on how long Cliff keeps us waiting, the Liquid-Foot Pro :mrgreen:) and two Moog expression pedals.

Now, the contention of the matter: I want to be able to control A) The Axe, B) The Rocktron Patcher, and, with any luck, C) This via the MFC.

My questions are these:

A) Is it possible?
B) If it is, how would I wire it up? I will say that syncing the Biscuit to MIDI is not a priority, so if that needs to be sacrificed, it can be.

Thanks for your time, gents.

FreaqyFrequency said:
So, my friends, as I have been thinking about the rig that I will ultimately be using, it has occurred to me that I don't understand MIDI routing in the slightest.

As it stands at this time and date, here is my dream rig:

Bass-->Line 6 Relay G50 Wireless-->Axe-FX Ultra (In Loop: Rocktron PatchMate MIDI Controlled Effects loop + 5 pedals which I'll get to in a moment)-->Bag End INFRA MXB (basically a crossover system with phase adjustment in the bottom 3 octaves of the audible spectrum)-->QSC RMX2405--> Bag End S15X-D/S18E-D

On the floor will be the MFC101 (or, depending on how long Cliff keeps us waiting, the Liquid-Foot Pro :mrgreen:) and two Moog expression pedals.

Now, the contention of the matter: I want to be able to control A) The Axe, B) The Rocktron Patcher, and, with any luck, C) This via the MFC.

My questions are these:

A) Is it possible?
B) If it is, how would I wire it up? I will say that syncing the Biscuit to MIDI is not a priority, so if that needs to be sacrificed, it can be.

Thanks for your time, gents.

A) Yes
B) foot controller midi out to Axe-fx Midi in- axe fx midi thru to roctron patcher midi in, rocktron midi patch thru to biscuit MIDI. Set each device on its own MIDI channel.

Back
Top Bottom