Furman PL-8 C E vs M-10x E

wga

Hello!

I'm looking for a power conditioner (220V), and I'm wondering if anybody had a chance to compare the filtering capabilities (precisely the attenuation) on these models:

FurmanSound.com - 220-240V International Pro A/V Product - PL-8 C E
Noise Attenuation: 10 dB @ 10 kHz, 40 dB @ 100 kHz, 50 dB @ 500 kHz

FurmanSound.com - 220-240V International Pro A/V Product - M-10x E
Noise Attenuation: Transverse mode: Greater than 20dB, 1.5Mhz to 200 Mhz

One is twice the price, and also twice the weight ... is the attenuation also very different? :roll

Cheers,
Wil

Power conditioners are just power strips on steroids. I'm using a furman voltage regulator, a bit steep on the price but effective 360deg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FurmanSound.com - 220-240V International Pro A/V Product - PL-8 C E
Noise Attenuation: 10 dB @ 10 kHz, 40 dB @ 100 kHz, 50 dB @ 500 kHz

FurmanSound.com - 220-240V International Pro A/V Product - M-10x E
Noise Attenuation: Transverse mode: Greater than 20dB, 1.5Mhz to 200 Mhz
There's no way to tell how they compare to each other with that information. Those specs could very well be describing the same circuitry. Look at the specs of those two products; Furman is being very careful not to give you enough information to make a meaningful comparison.

Given the Axe can tolerate voltage fluctuations I don't really see the point/need of a true power conditioner.

Sequenced power-up is a handy feature though.

Really depends on what's under the hood. Many of them are glorified power strips, while others provide good levels of both over and under voltage protection as well as RFI/EFI noise filtering. I've been using a pair of Tripp-Lite LCR2400's for the mixing/recording rig and a Tripp-Lite ISOBAR12 Ultra for the Fractal/XiTone setup. Great boxes but they tend to be on the pricey side. Considering the investment I have in hardware though, they're worth the extra coin.
[h=1][/h]

Back
Top Bottom