Fulltone closing down after 30 years

Actually the fact GC, Reverb banned them made be a little happier to buy from him. Don’t agree with everything he says, but also can’t stand the overly “woke” cancel culture mentality of corporations either…

I mean look at how Disney dropped Johnny Depp over false accusations all because they were afraid of the woke crowd
LOL…I have been so wrapped up in my FM3 for that last year and a half that I had no idea he made a big splash in the woke world and lost actual dealers. I wish I knew I would have tried to support him more. I did guide a pedal guy to get an OCD about a year ago. He loves it.

I know one thing I had not been to a GC since 2019. I needed some strings fast on a Saturday a couple weeks ago and went there and was shocked by what a mess it was. This use to be the better location of the 4 within a reasonable driving distance. The employees were clueless about anything which I know is generally the rule, but this was extra bad. I wouldn’t blame anyone jumping the music industry ship when they have a better ship to sail.

LOL…I have been so wrapped up in my FM3 for that last year and a half that I had no idea he made a big splash in the woke world and lost actual dealers. I wish I knew I would have tried to support him more. I did guide a pedal guy to get an OCD about a year ago. He loves it.

I know one thing I had not been to a GC since 2019. I needed some strings fast on a Saturday a couple weeks ago and went there and was shocked by what a mess it was. This use to be the better location of the 4 within a reasonable driving distance. The employees were clueless about anything which I know is generally the rule, but this was extra bad. I wouldn’t blame anyone jumping the music industry ship when they have a better ship to sail.
Went to my local hardware store the other day, same. Guy my age whose family owned it retired, the kids working there now had no clue, might as well have been bragging groceries at stop and shop.

And get off my lawn!

Seems like all that says though is the according to a thread on TGP some claimed……Which is exactly the “source” that all the outlets have also cited, so there are now like a dozen websites all repeating the same thing, classic internet lol

I don’t know if it really adds much authenticity to claim to have company letterhead in this era of photoshop and what not.

Not saying it’s not true, but the overall document is a bit over the top, which could be written by Fuller, but also could be spoofing him.

I mean the talk about his perfectly in tune vintage guitars etc seems rather boastful and over the top, no ?

Seems like all that says though is the according to a thread on TGP some claimed……Which is exactly the “source” that all the outlets have also cited, so there are now like a dozen websites all repeating the same thing, classic internet lol

I don’t know if it really adds much authenticity to claim to have company letterhead in this era of photoshop and what not.

Not saying it’s not true, but the overall document is a bit over the top, which could be written by Fuller, but also could be spoofing him.

I mean the talk about his perfectly in tune vintage guitars etc seems rather boastful and over the top, no ?
There's nothing official on their website or their social media sites.

It was discussed on Friday night's Tone Talk with Dave Friedman and Robert Keeley (Andy Timmons was on as well, great episode!) and while they didn't really get into it, it seems to be a known thing and is legit.

Someone posted an OCD V1 on TGP for $1200, which caused TGP to modify their engagement rules for the Emporium because so many people reacted to it I'm guessing the seller reported it. No more reaction emojis allowed :tearsofjoy:

While that was going on, I found an OCD V2 for $90 in the Emporium and bought it.

I don’t see why a v1 OCD would be worth any more or less if Fulltone is still around as it’s out of production either way
Aside from the fact I can’t understand anyone paying crazy amounts of money for an overdrive pedal (IE: Klon) as @la szum stated there were some who felt the earlier versions sounded better or just preferred. Every so often Fulltone would come across one of the earlier versions and they sold for a premium.

Last edited:
I owned a bunch of their peddles liked them a lot, sold all of them to fund my FM9 and FM3,
Guessing they’re going to collectible now…

My first ever pedal was the Fulltone OCD (v1.2). It was one of the few pedals I could never sell after buying the AXE III purely for sentimental value. Who knows, maybe in 15 years I can help fund my kid's college with it. Or buy a new guitar... The latter may be more likely. :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom