Friedman BE 100 HBE Models Clarifications

Would love for a 2020 BE-100 Deluxe version amongst the amps. But maybe if there is a way to tweak (using amp block parameters) the existing BE/HBE to match the 2020 versions, that would be awesome as well. As a side note, I did feel a big difference between the Friedman HBE C45 on Ares and Cygnus; the low end is now a lot looser and fuzzy making chugs lack definition. It was my go to on Ares, but not been able to jive with it on Cygnus (it's the only amp model like that tbh, rest all models are SO MUCH better).
I feel the same. Have not made any direct comparisons, but i don't really like the cygnus BE. Is there a big difference to Ares or has my taste just changes?

I feel the same. Have not made any direct comparisons, but i don't really like the cygnus BE. Is there a big difference to Ares or has my taste just changes?
There is definitely a big change and it has been reported across the board by users who use the Friedman amps regularly. I spent a lot of time going back and forth between recordings and I could not get the Cygnus HBE C45 to sound like the Ares HBE C45 to my ears. After exploring other amp options, I returned to the Friedmans and found my tone with the HBE V2. Long story short, Cygnus does sound quite different, especially in the low-end (lots of fuzzy low-end in the Friedmans instead of the tight low-end of Ares), but I did find an HBE that I was able to dial in just right without resorting to dive into advance parameters. The trick was to lower the master volume to allow for the low end to bloom and choose the right voicing to have the razor-sharp attack that I was getting with the Ares HBE.

Supposedly:

position 1 is left
position 2 is center
position 3 is right

According to manual https://ia801800.us.archive.org/26/items/manualzilla-id-5674764/5674764.pdf
´´Left position is slightly darker with more mids, right position is slightly brighter with a bigger bass.´´

To my ears:
V1 match the right position (brighter)
V2 match the center
V3 match the left position (darker)
Just a note that this thread hadn't been used since August 2021 before you posted this.

Back
Top Bottom