FRFR sounds great. FOH sounds bad.

Not all all. I typically stand about 3-4 feet away from them, just like I do when I’m using a 1x12 combo that’s tipped back.

There’s three usable angles, flat on the floor, then there’s a second angle that is mostly straight forward with a little upward angle, or on the side firing straight forward. If you have two, in the last position they can be stacked vertically but you will need 90° adapters for the XLR and IEC cables for the lower unit to direct power and signal to the side.
much appreciated sir!

6’1” here too. I don’t have any issues with coverage at a medium distance. Could be due to this technology they describe as follows:
Directivity Matched Transition® (DMT) design matches the coverage angle of the woofer at the cross-over frequency with the horn pattern to ensure uniform response across the coverage area.

Like anything YMMV. I play synth sounds a good bit so the added depth is nice. Honestly the point I’m at playing out wise, many times there’s not much of a PA so they become my only source and the “main PA” is for vocals and acoustic instruments. I’m pretty much a home player these days.

Perhaps the ASC-10 output (another reason to use separate outs) needs EQ applying to it to flatten out the response of the Friedman? - OK, I'm using the well-loved and highly regarded Headrush 108's ;) but if I was to dial in my sounds destined for FOH using them with an un-eq'd output it would sound terrible at FOH.

I've had great success with Marco's Presets @Marco Fanton - they seem to work really well for me in a live environment - they seem to pop out really nicely through FOH with hardly any tweaking

Last edited:
I always tell the FOH guy to set the EQ of the guitar channels (I run it in stereo) to be flat, like a keyboard, and then adjust lows and highs to taste. Typically, they don’t have to change the EQ much, if at all.
Yeah...I'm surprised at all the problems the OP is having.
The whole point of a high quality FRFR is to get sound that is ready for FOH.
I've been using a CLR for years and now also an EV PXM.
My sound tech guys do almost nothing to the feed I give them...low cut is about it and they do that on everything.
Also I never have to adjust my tone from gig to gig...it always sounds the same, again that's the point of a Fractal and a high quality FRFR.

My sound tech guys do almost nothing to the feed I give them...low cut is about it and they do that on everything.
Also I never have to adjust my tone from gig to gig...it always sounds the same, again that's the point of a Fractal and a high quality FRFR.
I totally agree with this - it is my experience as well, and I am very picky on sound!

Well...I'm not sure I'm actually having problems. I've not heard the bad tones that certain others reported. But the reports I got made me start questioning if I'm doing something wrong. The conversation has lead in some different directions.

I'm with you all the way....the whole point is to give the sound tech a signal that is easy to work with and for me to hear the same thing on stage.

I just need more experience with the unit.

That’s just maybe because you tweaked your tones to your liking but it does not fit in the band context.
Can be the style or sometimes just others members tones.

But it’s always easier to tell the guitar player « hey there’s a problem with you » while the keyboard player is already fulfilling 250% of what is supposed to.

Back
Top Bottom