[Fremen] presets V15.02 uploaded

As always great great presets! Thank you very much for sharing.

How is it you run your live setup Freman? I seem to recall reading somewhere at some point that you run in stereo to FOH? If that's the case can you elaborate a little?

I currently run mono signal from my AFXII to a Mackie DL1608 board that our band brings with us on all or gigs that we patch into FOH and do all of our own mixing. I am some what satisfied(depending on the night) with the tones that I am getting but I would like to explore running in stereo. Are the tones that much better live when running in stereo?

it depends, if you play in big venues where audience sitting near left or right speakers would miss signals coming from the opposite speakers, stereo can be a problem. In that case I still send two signals to the mixing desk, but not panned 100% left/100% right, more like -30/+30. But most of the time in venues where I play, the full PA can be heard from anywhere so I play 100% left/100% right. I use a lit of stereo effects, like panning delays etc, my modulations are also in stereo, and some of my dual amps presets too.
That being said, I didn't have any gig here in Mauritius for many months, since I got the CLRs in fact. My next gig will be in stereo on the CLRs, I still don't know where and when. It has become really hard to get a serious gig here.

Thanks for the response Freman.

Most of the venues we play are not that big so maybe I will give the -30/+30 pan a try.

Another question. Sorry for all the questions but I feel that we have very similar taste in tones but you know how to achieve them better than I so I'd like to pick your brain a little. :pride:

Do you always insist that the FOH soundman run your signals flat on the EQ?

Thanks for the response Freman.

Most of the venues we play are not that big so maybe I will give the -30/+30 pan a try.

Another question. Sorry for all the questions but I feel that we have very similar taste in tones but you know how to achieve them better than I so I'd like to pick your brain a little. :pride:

Do you always insist that the FOH soundman run your signals flat on the EQ?
Yes :) If there's something to fix, I'll do it myself with the global EQ

Hello Thibault, as always very good sounding presets. I've only been able yet to play them at bedroomlevel - are they dialed in for your CLR's or for amp and real guitar speaker cab?

Thanks for the great effort Fremen!
How can I find the TDR mixes (I mean the recipes)?

edit: OK, I found them in the 14.02 preset rar file. Thanks...

Last edited:
No problem. But these are old recipes. Today it's much simple, most of the time, the main IR is a SM57 from whatever source (disclosed in the first part of the file name), + the R121 from Ownhammer HGE Mesa EN V30 R121 (either 5881 or EL34). Just mix to taste, you don't need my exact recipe, follow your ears. Most of the time I use both at 0 in Cab-Lab, or -2/-4 for the R121

it depends, if you play in big venues where audience sitting near left or right speakers would miss signals coming from the opposite speakers, stereo can be a problem. In that case I still send two signals to the mixing desk, but not panned 100% left/100% right, more like -30/+30. But most of the time in venues where I play, the full PA can be heard from anywhere so I play 100% left/100% right. I use a lit of stereo effects, like panning delays etc, my modulations are also in stereo, and some of my dual amps presets too.
That being said, I didn't have any gig here in Mauritius for many months, since I got the CLRs in fact. My next gig will be in stereo on the CLRs, I still don't know where and when. It has become really hard to get a serious gig here.
Dang, fremen, do you really live in Mauritius? You must really have to bend over every time you get something shipped there. No wonder you bought an Axe FX: you got all of your GAS over with at once, so you didn't have to get shipping-raped over and over for an endless parade of amps and pedals!

Ahah :) Yes I really live here, and getting good gear is, as you may imagine, very complicated and cost a lot. Fortunately my brother is an air pilot captain and thanks to that I get my air tickets at 10% the price. I ordered my Axe II from the States, through a friend that bought it for me then shipped it, but for some of the other gear I have, like my Ibanez or the CLRs, or even the Axe Standard I bought used in 2008, I took a plane to Paris.

Thank you!!!
I had some time, so I loaded the banks. The Organic Friedman is amazing. I don't have your ir so I replace it with one of the ur that came out with 15.02. My new go to!

Don't think so, I upgraded yesterday and no preset needed adjustments. I only used my leads though

I have to thank you for sharing your presets. Thanks!
I'm using the Acoustic Simulator and Boulevard of Br. Scenes (which has a neat tremolo/phase shifter and mixes in a long delay using Exp pedal #1!

Back
Top Bottom