Freeze function in Reverb and Delay

Freeze function for Reverb and Delay ?

• Yes, I'd like to play Mr. Freeze

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

VegaBaby

Fractal Fanatic
In my quest for more oddball sounds in the Axe, how about a freeze function in the Reverb and Delay blocks ?

Don't get me wrong, outstanding effects already and a lot is possible due to the Axe's fantastic modular architecture, but still, eventhough outstanding, most effects are still 'bread and butter' and I'd really like to see some stuff that's not widely available on other units...

Freeze could be a simple parameter in the Reverb block that freezes the played signal similar to some of the older Lexicon reverbs. Freeze in the Delay block could be cool as well...

Hey VegaBaby,

Is this the same function as Digitech used in the GSP2101 unit? Where the Delay block had a hold button that you could assign to a CC. When you pressed the controller pedal it would hold the last piece of audio that was in the Delay blocks memory (playing it over and over).

This was a great feature, you could play a drone note, hold it, and then either use an exp pedal to fade it in and out or you could assign another CC to turn the Delay block on/off (the Delay block kept the mini loop even if the effect block was turned off). Best used when processed via some mod and rev - to create the ambient feel...

You could get creative in the Axe-FX and use more than one Delay block each with different tone(s)/note(s), and crossfade between then using an exp pedal. Or you could use a Modifier set to detect pitch/envelope...

If so this would be really cool to have.

Darren

This would be cool. I haven't heard the digitech stuff but this points out just another reason I keep my Electro Harmonix Hog around. It really excels at this.

Spartacus said:
Hey VegaBaby,

Is this the same function as Digitech used in the GSP2101 unit? Where the Delay block had a hold button that you could assign to a CC. When you pressed the controller pedal it would hold the last piece of audio that was in the Delay blocks memory (playing it over and over).

This was a great feature, you could play a drone note, hold it, and then either use an exp pedal to fade it in and out or you could assign another CC to turn the Delay block on/off (the Delay block kept the mini loop even if the effect block was turned off). Best used when processed via some mod and rev - to create the ambient feel...

You could get creative in the Axe-FX and use more than one Delay block each with different tone(s)/note(s), and crossfade between then using an exp pedal. Or you could use a Modifier set to detect pitch/envelope...

Darren
Yes, that's it ;) !

And now imagine the same thing with a reverb. Lexicon did that and it was awesome....

VegaBaby said:
Spartacus said:
Hey VegaBaby,

Darren

This would make the warp fuction spoke about in another thread a trival process.
Yes, that's it ;) !

And now imagine the same thing with a reverb. Lexicon did that and it was awesome....

i made the warp function thread, both of our threads were made within a literal minute of each other. means we were both typing at the same time and didn't see the other thread. how funny is that? either way, whatever it's called. I'm voting yes. hah.

Cool idea.

But you still need some parameters for loop length, and maybe cross fade slope for optimising the results I suppose?

hunter said:
Cool idea.

But you still need some parameters for loop length, and maybe cross fade slope for optimising the results I suppose?

That would be the delay time (the last thing that would be fed back into the delay input). Cross fade could work like the reverse delay but for warp and freeze function is really isn't necessary. It would be really cool though.

+ 1 for hold feature (aka freeze).

Digitech RDS series rack mount delays, DD series pedals, and many more have "Hold". Modifying the time would alter the pitch and Width/Speed modify an LFO.

Back
Top Bottom