Free IRs: Pacific Woodworks 1x12 w/EVM12L & Celestion V30 (48 IRs in total, Fullres included)

km 202257

Inspired
Feel free to download IRs at: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RLbkigHEQLZ3MIY2_i4l9iAe9FYCCaPq?usp=sharing

As the title says, this is my Pacific Woodworks 1x12 IR Pack that has 48 IRs including Fullres IRs.
Here's how you can explore the folders in the URL, which can be also helpful in understanding what's inside:
Folders.jpg
and here's how to read the IR names...
ir name decoder.jpgMic positions.jpg

I've also prepared a demo track that lets you know how it will sound like in a mix. The presets used for this demo is attached, so try it first if you wanna go instantly.
EVM12L version

Celestion V30 version

Hope you like it!

Attachments

• PW 1x12 IRs Demo (km.202257).fasBundle
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
In case you're curious to know which Speaker Impedance Curve to choose, I'm afraid but as of now there's none that I can recommend.
I suggest turning P.A. modeling off when using these IRs for maximum authenticity.

I measured SIC of PW cab by myself to find that its SIC is so unique that I failed to find similar EVM12L or V30 SICs in AXE-FX III. I've got .zma files so if I'm allowed and these measurements seem ok I'd like to post a wish for addition of those SICs...
SIC PW+V30.jpgSIC PW+EVM12L.jpg

I'm loving these - thanks for sharing! Have you looked at the SIC for the Rumble 4x12? It has a general shape that reminds me of the Thiele SIC, could its parameters be tweaked to get real close to it?

I've been considering messing with SIC measurements but have not yet gotten around to trying it. How did you make your SIC jig?

I don’t understand why power amp modeling should be turned off with these IRs….

Thanks for your comments. Regarding questions on SICs:
I'm loving these - thanks for sharing! Have you looked at the SIC for the Rumble 4x12? It has a general shape that reminds me of the Thiele SIC, could its parameters be tweaked to get real close to it?
I skipped it as that's got 3 spikes. Would have been identical if the "in-between" spike was not there.
I actually reviewed all the SICs and see if it can be matched with my measurement but none could do that.
I resulted in posting a wish thread (the URL below) to add SICs above, but it's not likely to happen as it sunk in the deep wish-list sea without much reactions from other users...
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...cific-woodworks-1x12-cab-zma-included.186384/

I've been considering messing with SIC measurements but have not yet gotten around to trying it. How did you make your SIC jig?
I recommend referring to the thread below, which has some informative posts on SIC jig:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/speaker-impedance-curve-measurements.155738/#post-1854833

I don’t understand why power amp modeling should be turned off with these IRs….
Sorry for the confusion: The reason I said PA sim not recommended is only about authenticity - I cannot gurantee that my IRs sound the same as the PW 1x12 in real world plugged to tube power amps due to the lack of corresponding SICs to my measurement.
There might be good sounding combination of those IRs and SICs, if not identical to the behaviour in real life.

SIC in 20.4 looks weird indeed, couple of firmware's ago it pretty much matched a SIC i made sep '21 in REW from my MB TL806s' with 90's OEM EVM12L in them.
Combined with a tailored low cut on output eq to remove stuff below port freq these little beasts had a lot of low-end and punch for their size.
The SIC i made looks like yours, except it has less pronounced peak of ~70 Ohms at 36Hz and ~50 Ohms at ~124Hz.
Probably because i made the SIC with cab semi freestanding (= not directly on floor) and different model of the 12L.
The other two 12L curves present in firmware didn't come close.
Didn't pay attention as band broke up couple of months ago. Loaded 21 beta (had to check it out anyway, still have to :)), same SIC as 20.4
Loaded FW19.0, just the two major peaks at ~40Hz and ~119Hz, somewhere on the way to 20.x it changed.....perhaps to how it's supposed to be for the dumble 4x12, dunno. Searched a bit and found this :
The Rumble cab is unique in that it is ported and has two different types of speakers in it. This causes a double resonance and one of the resonances is at a very low frequency. .....
Comes from a thread where LF instability was experienced with this SIC and a couple others.

These are fantastic.>>>> The power amp I leave on and they feel chewier to me which is attractive to me. Im just testing through 4 driver IEMs. really man great shots.

Back
Top Bottom