FracPad for FM9?

Hi AlGrenadine,
Thanks for your helping and supported, and I just purchased the app for my iPad Pro 2018.
A 1st question, when I hight light the Amp for edditing but it shows off. I couldn't edit parameter at all. What's that mean? And what should I do to resolve it?
Beside, it shows nothing about my factory presets. I've played around by hight light all empty presets suddenly they all appeared like magic, I just wonder why! I must missed to do something when I first start to use this app.
Thanks,
Hai,

Attachments

• 20221113_155435.jpg
    20221113_155435.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 23
  • 20221113_155259.jpg
    20221113_155259.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
  • 20221113_155540.jpg
    20221113_155540.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 23
  • 20221113_162007.jpg
    20221113_162007.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
You have to load all of the factory presets as well as cab IRS to be able to see them and edit in FracPad lll.
Once you load the they should stay

Still believe that FracPad 3 needs some updating for the fm9 , all of the features are not quite there yet . But it pretty much works and I like better than using a computer

Hi AlGrenadine,
Thanks for your helping and supported, and I just purchased the app for my iPad Pro 2018.
A 1st question, when I hight light the Amp for edditing but it shows off. I couldn't edit parameter at all. What's that mean? And what should I do to resolve it?
Beside, it shows nothing about my factory presets. I've played around by hight light all empty presets suddenly they all appeared like magic, I just wonder why! I must missed to do something when I first start to use this app.
Thanks,
Hai,
Disable real ui, it's not been updated with new amp names

I used FracPad wirelessly with my AXE2, worked great. I used a Bluetooth-MIDI adapter on the back. Would love to be able to do this with the FM9, though in practice it might be easier to just use the panel on the FM9.

I used FracPad wirelessly with my AXE2, worked great. I used a Bluetooth-MIDI adapter on the back. Would love to be able to do this with the FM9, though in practice it might be easier to just use the panel on the FM9.
No problem with a Yamaha md-bt01 and connecting directly from FracPad. No midimittr needed anymore

The Fm9 supports the same Bluetooth/ midi adapter , where the AX8 and Fx8 only supports the Bluetooth /usb adapter

I just tried the Fracpad III that was working with my FM3but does not seem to work well with my FM9 that replaced the FM3. The program booted and updated while connected by cable to the FM9 but the program itself had issues with loading the selected amp wanted into the amp block. Did not look into it much further.

I just tried the Fracpad III that was working with my FM3but does not seem to work well with my FM9 that replaced the FM3. The program booted and updated while connected by cable to the FM9 but the program itself had issues with loading the selected amp wanted into the amp block. Did not look into it much further.
Hi
Which version of FracPad do you use? And which fm9 firmware?

Can you let me know the BT-Midi model please, I'm getting mixed results on FM9 with a CME Widi Jack and a Samsung S8 tablet

Does FracPad III work with FM9 4.0b2 ? It did open the very first time, but is crashing now all the time on my iMac Ventura 13.2.1.
FracPad III quit unexpectedly ... Click Reopen to open the application again.
Did I miss something ?

Despite what others may say, my experience is that the Fracpad III is not that stable in all instances of use or the FM9 version your using is causing the issue. I have used Fracpad III with my FM9 but with limited success. The Fracpad developer put quite a bit of work into it but it would be great if Fractal helped out.

Does FracPad III work with FM9 4.0b2 ? It did open the very first time, but is crashing now all the time on my iMac Ventura 13.2.1.
FracPad III quit unexpectedly ... Click Reopen to open the application again.
Did I miss something ?
FM9 support is still a work in progress, and FM9 4.01b2 is a BETA so it's absolutely not supported yet but it should at least work with some values beeing off
I can't reproduce the crash for now, can you describe more?
And also please send me (in pm on email) the fracpad_log.txt file generated when crashing

Last edited:
FM9 support is still a work in progress, and FM9 4.01b2 is a BETA so it's absolutely not supported yet but it should at least work with some values beeing off
I can't reproduce the crash for now, can you describe more?
And also please send me (in pm on email) the fracpad_log.txt file generated when crashing
Log file sent.
Your suggestion to disable bluetooth on the Mac did indeed work. The app doesn't crash with bt disabled. Thanks !

Back
Top Bottom