Forum Presets to my AXE FX II

w7ptt

Hello,

There are some really cool presets I have downloaded from this forum and I am trying to put them on my AXE FX II.

I have looked over the manual for the AXE FX II and for AXE EDIT, and I am still lost. Has anyone created a tip sheet or a video on how to do it?

Bill

Simple...

Open Axe-Edit and click on axe manage button.

A simple way to visually see what is goin on is create a new window in axe-manage (view > new view > "your source location") and then click (window > docked) and you will have side by side windows. I set the left window to the bank you wish to write to and the right window to the folder on my desktop with the dowloaded presets on the right.

Right click the preset in the right window and drag and drop it to the location on the left window you wish to overwrite. It will place it there with a red icon meaning you have moved it in Axe-Edit but not saved it physically to the II. If you want to then save it to the II you right click on it and choose send to axe fx > selected presets. You can drag and drop single presets or multiples. The icon(s) will turn green when physically placed.

There are many ways to do what you wish. This is just my simple approach that also gives a visual representation as you do it.

Last edited:
If you have the preset file on your desktop and have AE open, you can drag and drop it right into the grid window of AE and it will open the preset.

Simple...

Open Axe-Edit and click on axe manage button.

A simple way to visually see what is goin on is create a new window in axe-manage (view > new view > "your source location") and then click (window > docked) and you will have side by side windows. I set the left window to the bank you wish to write to and the right window to the folder on my desktop with the dowloaded presets on the right.

Right click the preset in the right window and drag and drop it to the location on the left window you wish to overwrite. It will place it there with a red icon meaning you have moved it in Axe-Edit but not saved it physically to the II. If you want to then save it to the II you right click on it and choose send to axe fx > selected presets. You can drag and drop single presets or multiples. The icon(s) will turn green when physically placed.

There are many ways to do what you wish. This is just my simple approach that also gives a visual representation as you do it.

Thanks!

It worked great.

Now I have to figure out why some of the AXE FX II patches I have downloaded are dead silent when I go to play them. I have tried other AXE FX II patches I have downloaded and they work just fine.

^^^

What they said... also the could be a volume block involved that maybe uses an external controller. What patches are you having an issue with?

^^^

What they said... also the could be a volume block involved that maybe uses an external controller. What patches are you having an issue with?

There is a Violin Patch that I downloaded from the forum that has no volume.

There is a Violin Patch that I downloaded from the forum that has no volume.

That patch has a volume block using External 1 controller which defaults to 0. You need to have a pedal assigned to Ext 1 to adjust it or set that controller to none and adjust the volume manually.

Back
Top Bottom