For those not on Facebook

Not that anyone wants to hear this, but I still remember Axe Ultra videos by Pete Thorn, Mark Day and others that sound way better than anything I can do on FW 9 or the upcoming 10 for that matter. I know, it's the player, not the gear, but it puts things into perspective for me at least. Not that I'm not looking forward to FW10 and AE, by the way.

Hands down it is the player because their ii videos are better than the ultra videos. these guys just have a great understanding of setting up and amp, fx and sitting in the mix. Give random person a paint brush and paint and give an artist a the same brush and paint and compare what the two make. My tones with my ultra were good to my ears and the ears of the FOH guys at the places I played. My ii tones are even better. I miss their videos too but only because it showed me where the potential lies in the hands of someone who has this thing together

This Facebook post in indeed good news.
But why Facebook? Your supporting population is here on the forum. Why would you post on FB and not here?
We're the ones truly in need of the incourageing updates..

But why Facebook? Your supporting population is here on the forum. Why would you post on FB and not here?

"Server too busy"

But seriously.. it IS posted here. Matt had to know a forumite would quickly see what he posted on FB and post it here.

What would lead you to think that? There are probably many users on FB who are not members of the forum also facebook is advertisement. Guys who are on the fence seeing how new stuff is always coming out can eventually be brought to the see the light. I used to think the way you do (and still think that we should be told too even if maybe they say it here and there) but I have heard it said that there is life outside a forum

This Facebook post in indeed good news. But why Facebook? Your supporting population is here on the forum. Why would you post on FB and not here?We're the ones truly in need of the incourageing updates..
Debatable. There are many users out there with AxeFX units that don't post here. Many of which probably don't even have accounts here. It could be that FB is better suited for updates.

With my kids, sometimes its good to give them something to argue about, so they get it all out and go to sleep.

Now back to our regular program.... what is it we are grousing about? and also grousing about the grousers?

Your all quite right, I did not mean to say that a Facebook post was bad. There are surely many who friend F.A.S. there. As you guys must do as well.
You missed the reason for my post , my question was 'Why would you post on FB and not post here?'
It would have taken maybe a total of 3 min to post here as well. Are we not as deserving and loyal as 'friends' on Facebook?
But maybe your right, addressing prospective buyers may be more important to FAS.
I quess I'll try the 'Friend' thing for updates.

History shows that things posted on the Facebook site make their way here pretty quickly. By posting on FB the news can be picked up by multiple sources including ones that don't get here.

All in all this is good news. I think we'll have our Axe-Edit 2.0 soon and until then I'll be patient. I really don't think the bitching and speculation are going to make it come any faster but whatever floats your boat.

One possible explanation for the egregious behavior...

The dude was jamming on beta 10, was really stoked, popped out the smart phone and posted up some good news.

Followed by a friendly cross post here...

Followed by a little criticism about it.

Just spitballing here,

Richard

LOL!!!! I prefer to boot camp. Best of both worlds. :p

Aye. I program in .NET, so the first thing I did when I got my MBP was to install Parallels and Windows XP. I can flip between Win and Mac at will, and don't have to shut down either one. :)

Matt posted this a few hours ago, interesting

M@ here... Just got to spend an hour playing through the latest version of Axe-Fx II 10.0 beta. WOW is all I can say. Now the models based on Fender and Vox type amps are just ~SO~ good. MIMIC=WOW. And... Axe-Edit 2.0 beta also made a very strong appearance! No Mac build to test yet, but real progress nonetheless. Thanks for your patience. This will be the best Fractal release _EVER_. Off to sleep... big day in the studio tomorrow creating new IRs for you.

This should be an awesome update for sure.
If all he could say was "WOW" who typed the rest of the message? :mrgreen

Because they already have you hook line & sinker! The people out there in the real world who are not forum fanboyz are of more importance because they have not yet been brainwashed! lol

LOL!!!! I prefer to boot camp. Best of both worlds. :p

VMWare here on my Mac. Running Win 7 64 or 32 bit, few copies of XP for various Old development environments, Ubuntu Linux, Dos 6.22 and Win 3.11, Windows 98.......
Heck I even have a copy of VMWare running on my Win7 64 install, in case one of my guys has a how do you set this up question on VMWare for windows.
An emulator on my emulator :) No need to reboot with VMWare.
I'm good no matter what they release... LOL

Because they already have you hook line & sinker! The people out there in the real world who are not forum fanboyz are of more importance because they have not yet been brainwashed! lol

Well lets look at this, My post count is 66, and your post count is 902.. And your calling me a 'brainwashed Forum Fanboyz". Thats rich.

Why does everyone want to fight?
All I asked was if M@t took the time to post to Facebook, why not post here as well?

I'm sorry my question offended so many of your sensibilities and triggered your F.A.S. defense modes..
I truly meant no offence to M@t or to Fractal.

Back
Top Bottom