FOH + Power Amp Configuration Query

BobbyH

Hi everyone,

I'm currently busy putting together my new rig for long tour, starting next weeks.

I'm planning to tour with the Axe FX II going straight into the desk in stereo (I'll also be using in ear monitors). However, I wanted to "Move some air" on stage, so I recently bought a Matrix GT1000FX 2U power amp, which I'm hoping to plug into my Cornford 4x12 cab on stage.

The plan is to go straight to Front Of House from the Axe FX, so the cab itself won't have a mic.

I was wondering if there was a way to bypass the cab simulation from the output going into the power amp (Output 2), while retaining the all the cab and speaker simulation for the outputs going to front of house. I checked this forum and read a few comments about adding a Loop block to my presets, but I'm not sure exactly how to set it up. Would I have to apply this block to each of the presets I've made?

I read the manual from cover to cover when I bought the Axe FX a few weeks ago, but I couldn't find an example setting for using the unit though FOH, along with a power amp and cab.

There's a similar example on page 22 (3.4.7 Direct to FOH plus Real Amps on Stage).

I think this example is slightly different from how I need to configure the Axe FX, since it features a valve amp head, as opposed to a power amp, plus it states that Output 2 would be connected to the amp's Effects Return.

Would I have to duplicate the amp block if I'm using the Matrix power amp, or can I simply duplicate all of the post-cab block effects and just put an FXL block on the end? If so, I'm also a little confused about having to mess with the SAG settings.

Also, are there any special parameters I need to alter in the Effects Loop block, or does it simply default to Output 2?

I want to be 100% certain that I do this correctly, since I will need to make this same change to around 150 presets I've created. I won't have access to my backline until I get to rehearsals. If I've missed something, it'll take hours to reconfigure.

Thanks in advance and have a great week,

Bobby

Bobby, welcome...

All of your answers are only a few clicks away in these forums... (try the Amps/Cabs forum).... but quickly....

yes, you'll need to change all of your 150 presets to include the FXLoop Block (which will send your signal to output 2), which you will connect to your matrix, then on to your cabs. You don't need to disable any PA sims (SAG) since you are using a Matrix (and not a traditional tube amp). Go check out the forum I mentioned, all your answers are there...

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/amps-cabs/79678-running-fr-regular-guitar-cab.html

Hi guys,

Thanks so much for the warm welcome and all the advice. Much appreciated. I didn't realise that there was a separate forum for Amps and Cabs, so that's great.

All the best,

Bobby

Back
Top Bottom