FM9: G66 availability & waitlist

In the current turmoil, parts suppliers keep changing the date that their orders will be delivered, and they sometimes do so only after the "date expected" has already passed. One cannot help but imagine that this strange effect is at least partly caused by global corporations pulling strings at the highest levels.

Oct
Dec
Feb
April

June

It's impossible at this point to not put a question mark after anything anyone tells you. But at the same time, we are fighting a very good fight. We've employed higher priced substitutions and other techniques, absorbing as much of the extra costs as possible.

If you're talking about picking up an Axe-Fx III or FM3, I'd say, "Get what you can get when you can get it." I've seen some estimates stating that this situation continues into next year. Those products could become scarce too.

Thanks for replying Matt, always helps when you guys add some clarity

I saw one optimistic TGPer say they thought the next batch might get to the whole waitlist
I know I'm saying something obvious, but here we have opportunities to speak directly with Fractal and G66, I would only trust them and not opinions on TGP.

Source ? Unless you’re employed by Fractal and can speak with authority, your guess is as good (or bad) as everybody else’s over here…
if jacques wrote to me in february 5-6 months
and you don't beleave it
go and ask for yourself , mate
G66

if jacques wrote to me in february 5-6 months
and you don't beleave it
go and ask for yourself , mate
G66
I'm guessing that was in response to me talking about what a TGPer said.

So the person I'm seeing is selling their FM9 with an EV-1 for $2,000. That's a pretty good deal, right?

suspiscous thing for me . i prefer to buy these expensiv machinerys at original places.

but if everything works out fine , good for u 🤘

I'm guessing that was in response to me talking about what a TGPer said.

So the person I'm seeing is selling their FM9 with an EV-1 for $2,000. That's a pretty good deal, right?
That's a good deal IMO. Particularly if it's local so you can avoid sales tax and shipping.

suspiscous thing for me . i prefer to buy these expensiv machinerys at original places.

but if everything works out fine , good for u 🤘
I'll definitely want to make sure it's functioning and in good condition, but is there some kind of tricks I should be watching out for? Or do you mean you just prefer buying directly in case of defects / warranty reasons?

I'll definitely want to make sure it's functioning and in good condition, but is there some kind of tricks I should be watching out for? Or do you mean you just prefer buying directly in case of defects / warranty reasons?
of course

The G66 website now shows “we expect to start to get quantities in the third quarter of 2022 - thank you for your patience!”

Although I know that Fractal already told that the new larger mini displays from the FC mark II series will not come to the FM series any time soon I still hope that will do that at a later point in time, maybe I will just wait for the FM9 mkII😁

Just received an email from Sussi:

Thanks again for joining the FM9 waitlist. Based on the latest information from Fractal Audio, we wanted to give you a quick update on the FM9 supply situation:

The good news is that we will be getting a large part of the next FM9 production run for Europe. The not-so-good news is that the ongoing worldwide semiconductor shortage has further delayed deliveries to Fractal Audio and, because of this, we probably will not be able to start working through the extensive waitlist until the third quarter of this year.

As there are so many variables involved that are out of Fractal’s control, we’re sorry we can’t give you a firmer timescale, but we will inform you as soon as we know more.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Hi Paul,

Are you after one of those FC Myopics then?
Hi Tony,

Yes I'm afraid so lol. I can just read the MK1 FC's without my glasses but I must admit when I'm gigging in the heat of the moment I do find I struggle a little. I never remember to take my reading glasses out of the car when I go gigging. Any help in that department is always great. I'll probably end up selling off my FC6 and keep my MK1 FC12 as a spare and just buy a MKII FC12.

How's the MF10's?

Back
Top Bottom