FM9 Firmware Version 7.00

I'm trying to install version 7.00 on my FM9, and it's not downloading it. In Fractal Bot I've selected my device, chose a file to send, but when I press Send, nothing happens.
Nevermind. Figured it out.

Last edited:
I'm not expert but for most amps that sound to loose and flubby:

Go into the amp block and then input eq. Crank the low cut up to around 750hz. Then back it off until you get the lowend feel/sound you want. I personally do this at stock settings then tweak but it with sounds you've already dialed also.

Thanks for the advice. That’s a pretty aggressive cut! I’ll give it a shot tonight. :)

I'm happily tweaking my gigging presets for a concert Saturday night. I reset all the amp blocks, tried some new amp pairings, new rotary settings (stolen from a forum thread). Hot damn, this new f/w sounds great, it's hard to stop noodling and focus on my work. Such a great freakin' product. Seriously, where else do you see product evolution like this? My kudos to the entire Fractal team, I love your work! I can't wait to crank this up with the band on a big stage!

Thanks for the advice. That’s a pretty aggressive cut! I’ll give it a shot tonight. :)
where are you setting your bass ? A lot of the guys like Demartini was running his bass at about 9 0clock , mids 1 o'clock
treble 1 or 2 o'clock , and boosting the front to tighten it up as a plexiglass by nature is not a really tight beast

From the plexi amps I have played, they do tend to sound bass heavy. the plexi 100 preset you mentioned in a previous thread is bass heavy to me. That is not what I hear in recordings though, post EQ?

the cab IRs I tend to like with Marshall’s are generally greenback based and often with a 57 mic. Many recordings are made with a 57 and they tend to sound quite bright. Sorry I can’t tell you my favourites without checking.

I'm really tempted to update the firmware but I should force myself to wait until after my upcoming gig. The struggle is real.:smile:

Dive right in, the water is great. I'll be gigging new f/w Sat. night. Sounds and feels fantastic - personally I wouldn't want to miss out.
It's an official release now, so probably not that risky, other than making sure your presets haven't changed too drastically, specifically with volume. I've updated and will smash a metaphorical bottle of champagne across the bow of the new firmware in a couple gigs this weekend! 🤘

Honestly loving the new sounds of these re-mastered amp models. I've noticed that for some of my usual go-tos (most notably my FAS Modern presets and my 5150s) are either a little too bassy or too bright, so a few slight adjustments here and there, but stellar stuff so far.

anything significantly changed in the fender or dumble amp models? I have a gig wednesday so i'm planning on waiting until after that...

anything significantly changed in the fender or dumble amp models? I have a gig wednesday so i'm planning on waiting until after that...
They feel better to me... But that's subjective.

It's easy enough to update and try them, then roll back if required.

Back
Top Bottom