FM9 Firmware Version 7.00

Is there a way to check what DynaCab version is on the unit currently?
No, not really. The firmware does a check and will say if it's not happy with the installed Dyna-Cabs, but it's no big deal to install over the existing ones using the fm9_dyna_cabs_1p05.syx file in the firmware distribution. Just follow the directions in the included Release Notes and Update Guide files.

It depends on what amp models you use. Some had big changes to their sound and some had small changes.

I'd say to make a full backup, confirm you have the installation file for that firmware on your drive, then upgrade and listen to your presets and see how they sound to you over this week. If you want to revert for Saturday then reinstall the older firmware and restore your presets from the backups.
That’s a good call. I haven’t done a firmware revert before, so a bit concerning but this is a solid plan.

Having said that, I’m happy enough with my current tune so I may just wait anyway. I have a feeling I’m gonna want to nerd out a bunch after I upgrade.

That’s a good call. I haven’t done a firmware revert before, so a bit concerning but this is a solid plan.
Reverting the firmware is just like updating it, with the caveat that older firmware doesn't display presets that have been edited with more recent firmware so they'll be hidden. We fix that by restoring the presets from the backup and everything will be as it was again.

Having said that, I’m happy enough with my current tune so I may just wait anyway. I have a feeling I’m gonna want to nerd out a bunch after I upgrade.
Can't hurt to do that. There's something to be said for avoiding extra stress when on stage.

So for this FW nothing is needed to be done to my presets for them to be updated but on FM3 I need to manual save each preset again?

So for this FW nothing is needed to be done to my presets for them to be updated but on FM3 I need to manual save each preset again?
FM3 update adds in gapless switching which was brought to FM9 on v6. That was the needed step to get gapless working when it came to the FM9, so it makes sense that it would apply to this FM3 update as well.

Can anyone give any advice on how they like to dial in the Plexi 100 model? It’s still not working here for me with the new firmware. Very bottom heavy, muffled sounding compared to other amps that I’m finding sound great. So starting at preset 9 Plexi 100 High, where would you go from there to get this thing sounding like a nice open, ripping Plexi?

Last edited:
Just a report. FM3 turbo. Gapless not there yet. Either a click. Jump in volume for a 1/4 second. Same amp test. Just one preset copied. Not there yet and will be audible on a PA. Thanks.

Just a report. FM3 turbo. Gapless not there yet. Either a click. Jump in volume for a 1/4 second. Same amp test. Just one preset copied. Not there yet and will be audible on a PA. Thanks.
did you
  • set spillover to "all"
  • set gapless to "all"
  • update all presets in setup/utilities
?

was the original preset saved after the firmware was loaded?

Back
Top Bottom