FM9 Firmware Version 7.00 public beta (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you load Who's Next from factory bank A you'll see the sequencer has all sliders at zero when they shouldn't be.

Preset is attached, but it's just imported from the factory bank A and then exported from Axe-Edit.

This is the AFIII preset from the AFIII factory bank. Booting FM9 to get you the FM9 preset but...it's the same factory preset, just for the FM9, that shows the problem there as well.

View attachment 138668

Who's Next FM9 shows the problem as well:

View attachment 138669

Preset is also attached, but it's just the factory bank A preset loaded into the unit via FM9-Edit and then exported.
That's the preset itself. The sequencer data is all zeros in the preset. Someone reset the sequencer in that preset for some reason.

A/B comparison between FW 6.00 and 7.00b plus a quick look at the new stuff

hey man, you are doing just a great job with your FM9 content/videos - great A/B comparison - I'm assuming you recorded the takes once then re-amped with the newer firmware? In any case, very well done, appreciate the effort that must have gone into this (and your other videos) - which I watch with subtitles on ;)

That's the preset itself. The sequencer data is all zeros in the preset. Someone reset the sequencer in that preset for some reason.
In my preset I had a sequencer doing a faux auto wah and that got zeroed out when loading in the FM9 beta. I did test setting values and saving and they did save correctly, but the previous Sequencer values from v6 was not retained after loading the beta preset.

Against my better judgement as I have a gig tomorrow, I loaded it up. No issues with any functionality. Without cranking it up....it's sounding good through the monitors.
I loaded it up last night, I've levelled my amps and tested the limited functionality I make use of and it all seems solid. Got a gig tonight so I'm going to risk it as well.

I'm an utter idiot. The Who's Next preset uses an LFO. I thought it used the sequencer.

Let me work on that simple case, sorry.

@Johan Allard @iaresee - what method are you using to load the preset? Are we sure it's not preset loading via the editor that's causing the issue?

Does it happen with stand-alone FractalBot? Or in presets created in previous firmware during update?

Does anyone else find the amp levels very hot? I dunno, to me it seems like all the amp models in the factory presets are super hot and clipping like crazy.

I had this issue one with version 6. Same thing, a switch stopped responding. Come to think of it, it was FC3. Reboot fixed it. Hasn't happened since.

Just out of curiosity, did that switch stop responding after rebooting after you first upgraded to v6, or was it at a later time?

The only time that happened to me was after the first reboot after upgrading to v6 from v5; switch #6 was non-responsive immediately post-reboot. It's not happened again since that one time but did make me go "hmmmm".

Does anyone else find the amp levels very hot? I dunno, to me it seems like all the amp models in the factory presets are super hot and clipping like crazy.
Yep some are louder , that to be expected , just turn them down with the preset leveling window
They use different guitars so levels won’t match every players rig

Just out of curiosity, did that switch stop responding after rebooting after you first upgraded to v6, or was it at a later time?

The only time that happened to me was after the first reboot after upgrading to v6 from v5; switch #6 was non-responsive immediately post-reboot. It's not happened again since that one time but did make me go "hmmmm".
I had been on v6 for a weeks. It happened while practicing and routine patch editing. I don't know exactly what might have preceded the failure as I didn't notice it soon enough.

In my case, it was the first reboot after the firmware update.

One thing I noticed with v7 is that the output of the amp blocks seem to all be set to -12 dB. For my acoustic patches, this needs to be 0 dB. So I had to update all those patches. Might be a good idea to re-level your patches after updating, or at least check.

One thing I noticed with v7 is that the output of the amp blocks seem to all be set to -12 dB. For my acoustic patches, this needs to be 0 dB. So I had to update all those patches. Might be a good idea to re-level your patches after updating, or at least check.
That is the default level of the Amp block. This setting should not have changed from the firmware update.

I had been on v6 for a weeks. It happened while practicing and routine patch editing. I don't know exactly what might have preceded the failure as I didn't notice it soon enough.

Ok, thanks for the info...

In my case, it was the first reboot after the firmware update.

Same here....after doing literally hundreds of firmware upgrades over the years on Fractal gear that was the first time anything like that happened to me...so it kinda stuck out like a sore thumb.

Have had a lot of play/gig time on the FM9 since then and I've not had the issue recur, but I just note when I read this happening (which is very rare it seems) to others and like to discuss it in case there is something that it can ultimately be traced to.

I tried uploading the new presets and now they are blank. Any idea why? My firmware is v6.0
As unix-guy said, they "appear blank", but don't worry, they're actually there.

Older firmware won't display presets "from the future" because it can't know about future parameters and how to interpret their values so there's a built-in hands-off policy. Upgrading the firmware to the correct version will make them visible, or, reinstall them from a backup or the factory distribution and you should be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom