FM9 Firmware Version 6.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
FM9 is my best music gear purchase of all time by a mile. These updates are just incredible. I used Helix full time for 4+ years and it’s just not even close in any area.
Totally agree with you! I was one of the first couple hundred waitlisters for the Axe FX II. Finally just purchased the FM9 a few months ago. I am still just blown away at how awesome Fractal's products, service and support is... and to be able to afford it! THANK YOU FRACTAL!

Updating was so simple and quick, and my FM9 is sounding better than ever with my current patch, no new models added at all just with the new algorithms and also the Improved Amp block triode algorithm and Improved speaker compression and amp interaction.

John Legend Kiss GIF by The Voice

Gapless switching is fantastic. Well done.
I only had one little bug. When I upgraded, all my VCA trems had the LFO duty cycle set to 99.1 % so they sounded like they weren't working. Anyone else experience this ?

Last edited:
Wow not only the Gap less Switching is great
All my presets seemed like they got optimized!
The Lone Star Amp I noticed is more tight sounding the additional MV attributes to that.

Thanks FAS!

One thing I noticed that was strange is out 2 on the preset level tool shows a static output. This is even on factory presets. If I close the editor and reopen it will sometimes go away, or show a different amount of signal, but its fixed (even when not playing) - no changes to the level.

View attachment 134742
Same for me even on version 5.0 using spdif to another FAS product.

This is truly awesome and it really does change the way I think about interacting with this unit while I'm playing. I used to be very hesitant to change scenes that changed the amp blocks, or to switch to a different preset, in the middle of a song - or made sure to wait until there was a gap in my playing before switching. But this really provides much more freedom to switch sounds if I find that the one I'm on is not quite cutting it for one reason or another. Great work Cliff and team!!! Thanks so much for your continued efforts and superb results.

Hello, everyone. Updated to ver 6 today, I notice from scene to scene it's gapless but from preset to preset it's not. Using factory presets. I believe I followed all of the steps but it's possible I missed something? Editor updated, Firmware updated, reloaded all factory presets, hit save in settings on the gapless settings menu. Unless I have to do it for each individual preset? Thanks in advance.

Hello, everyone. Updated to ver 6 today, I notice from scene to scene it's gapless but from preset to preset it's not. Using factory presets. I believe I followed all of the steps but it's possible I missed something? Editor updated, Firmware updated, reloaded all factory presets, hit save in settings on the gapless settings menu. Unless I have to do it for each individual preset? Thanks in advance.
You have to re-save all the factory presets for gapless to work with them.

The easiest way to do this is with the FM9-Edit batch change function. Here's a tutorial:

Pick a parameter you don't use and change that to something incsequential and then have FM9-Edit apply that change to all presets to re-save them.

You have to re-save all the factory presets for gapless to work with them.

The easiest way to do this is with the FM9-Edit batch change function. Here's a tutorial:

Pick a parameter you don't use and change that to something incsequential and then have FM9-Edit apply that change to all presets to re-save them.

Thank you!

What would be the most innocuous parameter to batch change with the least possible impact to all existing presets?
Look at the In or Out block, or esoteric Amp or Cab settings. Just tell Edit to walk all your presets.

As for the factory presets, I chose one of the Out 1 block's Scene Levels, because, after looking at about ten of them I was pretty sure we never messed with them and they were safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom