FM9 Firmware Version 5.00 public beta (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loaded this on my FM9 and it sounds great. I was having issues with the FM3 beta, squealing, lock-ups on the 5150 model, etc. Nothing of the kind so far on the FM9.

Pulled in some of my usual presets from AxeFX3 that I'd already set up for DynaCabs, as a starter to try things out.

Last one of the import set, "Invitation P2: I/V/C/S - [9]" came in fine, just needed the first DynaCab channel unmuted and set to the Ribbon and the usual mic position, and all was good. Played it for a few minutes. Sounds nice.

Moved up to the "B'Man/Ojai 2 -4S" preset, and it came up howling. Went in and adjusted a couple modifiers to unstick the delay feedback and input and a couple other things that were on controllers not available on the FM9, and it shut up - until I unmuted the first cab block channel. After a bit of experimentation, I found that the howl occurs as soon as I run my guitar's volume up enough for its background noise to trigger the howl. Turn the guitar volume back down and it stops after about a second. The meters on the big screen show no signal in/out, but the SPDIF is pumping out a huge screechy noise. If I hit a string on the guitar while the volume is up, you can hear it modulating the screechy noise. Preset attached. Possible issue with imports from FX3?

Preset attached (link).

System file attached (link).

Maybe not. Switched to an old, tried-and-true preset from the FM9 before updating, and it also screeches - a bit differently - but equally loud.

Preset attached (link).

Going to try reloading the firmware and see if it just had a glitch in the install. :)

Pulled in some of my usual presets from AxeFX3 that I'd already set up for DynaCabs, as a starter to try things out.

Last one of the import set, "Invitation P2: I/V/C/S - [9]" came in fine, just needed the first DynaCab channel unmuted and set to the Ribbon and the usual mic position, and all was good. Played it for a few minutes. Sounds nice.

Moved up to the "B'Man/Ojai 2 -4S" preset, and it came up howling. Went in and adjusted a couple modifiers to unstick the delay feedback and input and a couple other things that were on controllers not available on the FM9, and it shut up - until I unmuted the first cab block channel. After a bit of experimentation, I found that the howl occurs as soon as I run my guitar's volume up enough for its background noise to trigger the howl. Turn the guitar volume back down and it stops after about a second. The meters on the big screen show no signal in/out, but the SPDIF is pumping out a huge screechy noise. If I hit a string on the guitar while the volume is up, you can hear it modulating the screechy noise. Preset attached. Possible issue with imports from FX3?

Preset attached (link).

System file attached (link).

Maybe not. Switched to an old, tried-and-true preset from the FM9 before updating, and it also screeches - a bit differently - but equally loud.

Preset attached (link).

Going to try reloading the firmware and see if it just had a glitch in the install. :)

Musta been an install glitch. Never mind....

Musta been an install glitch. Never mind....
Glad it worked out for ya, Joe. My day was filled busy watching streaming video and taking notes. Will see if v. 5.0 beta 1 lives up to its expectations Thursday or Friday...otherwise just busy trying to find/build playable rigs that will work with my guitars...

You've made the perfect preset, and you haven't backed it up yet?
Ha yes I have backed it up. I just didn't know if I needed to and whether it would be compatible with the next release.

I had issues when I bought the 'entry level' Mooer GE300 when an update completely wiped all my presets.

Reactions: Rex
Ha yes I have backed it up. I just didn't know if I needed to and whether it would be compatible with the next release.

I had issues when I bought the 'entry level' Mooer GE300 when an update completely wiped all my presets.

Disk space is ridiculously cheap when compared to even a minimum wage earner's time.

Always back all your stuff up when upgrading the firmware, and occasionally just because....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom