FM9 Firmware Version 2.0 public beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be helpful to add that the updated FM9-Edit and Fractal-Bot software versions are required to be able to get FM9 beta 2.00 to work correctly.
It’s not necessary to even have the Fractal-Bot application on your computer, or to worry if it’s up to date, if you are using the current hardware. It’s embedded into the editor and, as long as the editor is current, then Fractal-Bot will be too.

It’s not necessary to even have the Fractal-Bot application on your computer, or to worry if it’s up to date, if you are using the current hardware. It’s embedded into the editor and, as long as the editor is current, then Fractal-Bot will be too.
Thanks, Greg,

I usually keep it there in case something might go wrong with the FM9-Edit and might be required to do a reinstall of FM9 presets from backups. It's just good insurance to have...

My Dad did the same kind of thing when he was alive; kept triplicate copies of most every document he owned before there were computers where you could save paper. He kind of instilled that mindset in me as well...

My only lament with Dad was trying to find such and such a document he'd ask me to locate in his study den. (Nope, never could, because Dad had his own way of filing stuff I could never discern.)

So am I understanding correctly that 2.0 is more stable with the latest FM9-Edit version? I've been holding off switching to 2.0b because of the bug reports but I'd bee willing to give it a try if its performing better because I really want to try the new drive models.

I am curious as to how a newer version of Edit helps the Firmware perform better though, without reading back through all the posts were most of the bugs related to Edits performance rather than actual processing in the FM9?

So am I understanding correctly that 2.0 is more stable with the latest FM9-Edit version? I've been holding off switching to 2.0b because of the bug reports but I'd bee willing to give it a try if its performing better because I really want to try the new drive models.

I am curious as to how a newer version of Edit helps the Firmware perform better though, without reading back through all the posts were most of the bugs related to Edits performance rather than actual processing in the FM9?
If you've got a recent Apple M1 with Monterey, I can personally say I've experienced no issues whatsoever with the most recent FM9-Edit, FM9 beta 2.00, nor most recent Fractal-Bot. That being said, I don't use my Apple for gaming or home recording, or other high-CPU demanding apps. You can take this with a grain of salt...normal home computer use may not affect FM9-Edit or Fractal-Bot at all. You kind of get the luck of the draw with other computers (Intel-based Apples, or Windows). Some folks have reported issues with theirs.

Update: Don’t recall asking you

What more of an update do you want? It’s not ready yet. They’ve already said they discovered something that was going to take a bit longer to sort out but would benefit us in the end.

You’d swear these things were life saving items and people were at risk of dying if they‘re not released or there’s an update about updates. Life can’t be all that bad if the biggest hang up going on is worrying about when Fractal is going to update a piece of gear.

What more of an update do you want? It’s not ready yet. They’ve already said they discovered something that was going to take a bit longer to sort out but would benefit us in the end.

You’d swear these things were life saving items and people were at risk of dying if they‘re not released or there’s an update about updates. Life can’t be all that bad if the biggest hang up going on is worrying about when Fractal is going to update a piece of gear.
I’ve seen no such update and me asking an admin if they have any updates to share with us is not unreasonable. You replying with a snarky attitude, however us unreasonable. Really no reason for you to post and me asking for an update in no way aligns with desperation for an update. Move along…

Sometimes I wonder if some people on this forum are as blunt and rude in real life as they are here. Anway... Hapless, what I remember is they found a way to optimize the code. And I'm sure they are working on all of Cliff's latest additions to the Axe3.
Oh. I thought there had been something more recent.

The engineer who works on the FM9 is in the middle of a deep optimization project prompted by observations about this beta. After some patience, I expect you'll be rewarded nicely.

Out of curiosity, who said that and where?
In this thread on page 20.
I’ve seen no such update and me asking an admin if they have any updates to share with us is not unreasonable. You replying with a snarky attitude, however us unreasonable. Really no reason for you to post and me asking for an update in no way aligns with desperation for an update. Move along…
Look above.

Sometimes I wonder if some people on this forum are as blunt and rude in real life as they are here. Anway... Hapless, what I remember is they found a way to optimize the code. And I'm sure they are working on all of Cliff's latest additions to the Axe3.

If that was in reference to me I can tell you I’m the exact same person online as I am off. I don’t believe the internet is a different world or life. If anything, I’m more blunt in person because you can actually hear the inflections in a voice and it carries more weight than an emoji next to written text does.

And the kicker is, I’ve worked in some form of customer service my entire life, from the restaurant business to what I do now in property management, handling leases/tenants that transfer more money than I’ll ever see in my own life. The entire reason I was hired for my current position was/is due to the way I communicate. And one of the first things our tenants learn is that unless I have something to update them with, they won’t be hearing from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom