FM9 Finally Crashed on the Gig - Lived to Tell the Tale

elvis

Experienced
A lot of threads about reliability in this forum, and rightfully so! I always knew it was a matter if WHEN, not IF, it would crash. Gigging the FM9 weekly these days.

First song, Scenes layout. Scenes buttons and Preset button unresponsive. Still had sound. Found out mid-song, need to make a couple of changes during the song. Happily, the EFFECTS button worked, and in that layout everything worked. So made it through the song OK. Rebooted while the vocalist engaged the crowd, and ready to go for the second song.

Ran fine all night. WAY better than having a tube amp fail onstage. Also, I have used MFX units with my amps for decades, so there has always been a similar possibility. Would be nice to have a faster reboot time. Some sort of gig-crash restart. Just riffing here.

my fm9 just did breathe out it' soul last tuesday. all of a sudden no more sound . i have to bring it to basel to check what went wrong the 9 of april :sleepy::sleepy::rage::rage:. i will spend my time with guitar rig 5 (the god one) overloud thU and amplitube 5 max ,no comparison though :speechballoon:

Also I'm practicing with it 3-5 days/week, so I'm running the FM9 near-daily for hours.

Also I'm practicing with it 3-5 days/week, so I'm running the FM9 near-daily for hours.
iirc Cliff leaves his axe3 on all the time. Still shouldn't have issues that soon unless you're not ventilating it well or its near a heat source, I imagine?

if you want a faster boot time, load an empty preset (at least on the axe3). Glad to read there's a backup - I couldnt afford a B rig when I was touring and my amp died a couple times.

iirc Cliff leaves his axe3 on all the time. Still shouldn't have issues that soon unless you're not ventilating it well or its near a heat source, I imagine?
I don't presume this is a sign of upcoming failure. I assume that every time you start a computer you're rolling the dice and it can come up confused now and again. No issues with ventilation or heat.

It is very unpredictable when it happens, my FM9T has crashed maybe 4-5 times during practice, and once during sound check at a gig.

I've had mine since Oct 2022, so considering how much I've used it, that's on par with a laptop or desktop computer having its quirks once in a while. Since a restart always fixes it, chalk it up to gremlins

I have never had a crash but I keep all my gigging presets under 70% cpu. Only issue I had was when there was a power surge but now I carry a battery backup ups.

It's not speculative at all. Consider: this: when have you ever seen someone start a thread to report that their FM9 didn't crash? ;)
he's just trolling to pick a fight over nothing. happens often with people he doesn't like, who are usually people who help time and time again. <-- speculative

Back
Top Bottom