FM9 Edit - Authentic VS Ideal

Minase

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I'm new to Fractal and FM9.
In FM9 Edit, there are no "Authentic" controls for any of my amp blocks. I have it set to "Authentic" in global controls on the unit itself, but all that shows up in FM9- Edit is "Ideal", (and "Tone").
I would really prefer the Authentic controls. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I'm new to Fractal and FM9.
In FM9 Edit, there are no "Authentic" controls for any of my amp blocks. I have it set to "Authentic" in global controls on the unit itself, but all that shows up in FM9- Edit is "Ideal", (and "Tone").
I would really prefer the Authentic controls. Thanks to anyone who can help.
Tone is authentic. It's just a name change. All the authentic controls are there. I'm not sure why they renamed it in the editors, especially since now it does not match the hardware.

Perhaps specify versions and a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Edit: I had to check what it'd been renamed to. @notalemming explained. The main thing is that Authentic is just showing controls found on the modeled amp, so hopefully "Tone" looks right now that you know what you are looking at?

From the Fractal site. Looks like it's changed since?
1710960505833.png

Tone is authentic. It's just a name change. All the authentic controls are there. I'm not sure why they renamed it in the editors, especially since now it does not match the hardware.

Thank you for that clarification. That explains it. Sorry I tried to post a screenshot, but as a new member I don't have the privileges.

Perhaps specify versions and a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Edit: I had to check what it'd been renamed to. @notalemming explained. The main thing is that Authentic is just showing controls found on the modeled amp, so hopefully "Tone" looks right now that you know what you are looking at?

From the Fractal site. Looks like it's changed since?
View attachment 137177
I loaded up that amp block and yes it's more or less identical, although a few small things are different. "Drive" on that screen is "Gain" on mine, and I also have an "Overdrive volume" knob in the bottom right which is not in that screenshot. Everything else is the same. So "Tone" seems to mean Authentic. Thank you for the help.

I loaded up that amp block and yes it's more or less identical, although a few small things are different. "Drive" on that screen is "Gain" on mine, and I also have an "Overdrive volume" knob in the bottom right which is not in that screenshot. Everything else is the same. So "Tone" seems to mean Authentic. Thank you for the help.
It's all likely to sync up soon if it hasn't already, hence my asking about versions. Cheers and glad it's resolved for you.

Back
Top Bottom