April 10, 2024

Current FM9 Firmware Version: 7.00

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.13 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.00

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Support for firmware 7.00
o Added DRIVE layout for "Sunrise Splendor".
o Added layout for "Class-A 30W Brilliant" to the AMP block.
o Updated the AMP block to remove the "Excursion Time" and "Recovery Time" parameters.
o Added the "Kill Dry" parameter to the Delay, Multitap Delay, Pitch, Plex and Reverb blocks and updated their mixer layouts.
o Modified the MegaTap and TenTap Delay mixer layouts.

* New layouts for the REVERB block.

* Corrected a bug in the Manage Presets menu "Reset amp blocks" in which the bypass state was not being preserved.

* Corrected a block library bug in which a single-channel block library file would not write to channel D of the selected block only when the source and destination parameter count did not match.

Last edited:
New user here coming from a Helix. Is the Company website the place to download and update FM9- Edit, or does the editor also recognize when anofficial update release is available and prompt?

Just want to be ready.

New user here coming from a Helix. Is the Company website the place to download and update FM9- Edit, or does the editor also recognize when anofficial update release is available and prompt?

Just want to be ready.
It is a good idea to have the latest version, if you are using beta firmware. Download it here.

Recall cliff saying in the fw25 axe III thread he may have made a change to the refresh after new firmware for existing presets? Curious as to if we still need to do that

Not sure if it is a bug with the new editor, but I tried the amp block amp type filter by color 'none' and it does not update as I would expect it. I am not sure if this is a bug or my perception of how this is working.

I assume it IS working, and by selecting none, you are basically saying 'go back to showing me all amp types'. But I also interpert 'none' as - show me all the amp types that do NOT have a color. By selecting 'none', these would only appear in the list.

This would improve my UX with the editor after FAS adds new amp models (Thanks!). I quick filter by 'none', add the colors I want, and boom! Finito!

I digress!

1712862066185.png

Just want to be ready.
Welcome. It recognizes major releases automatically and prompts for update. As @jimmynorrisjr already mentioned, usually good to download from the beta thread when evaluating a beta version.

Not sure if it is a bug with the new editor, but I tried the amp block amp type filter by color 'none' and it does not update as I would expect it. I am not sure if this is a bug or my perception of how this is working.

I assume it IS working, and by selecting none, you are basically saying 'go back to showing me all amp types'. But I also interpert 'none' as - show me all the amp types that do NOT have a color. By selecting 'none', these would only appear in the list.

This would improve my UX with the editor after FAS adds new amp models (Thanks!). I quick filter by 'none', add the colors I want, and boom! Finito!

I digress!

View attachment 138557
I suspect you are correct that color of "none" means "no filter" and no "no color".

Perhaps an option could be added for "no color"?

Ouch, I get the same error I was getting here: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-edit-iii-1-13-11.200375/post-2499299
View attachment 138569
Reinstalled 4 times, rebooted 3 times -> current FM9 Edit works, the beta no and gives this error.
Confronted back to back to the permission levels of Axe EDIT's folder and they are identical.
Tried to run both installer and file as administrator... If I run it directly from the folder I get:
View attachment 138570
Windows 11 Pro 64 bit:
View attachment 138568
Install as Administrator?

Install as Administrator?
Yes fo course, as mentioned I've tried to run both installer and the .exe file itself as administrator

Update: I've tried launching it now out of curiosity and it works... maybe that's something off on Windows level. I'll try sfc /scannow for good measure even if I casted it couple of days ago.. :(

I just discovered a bug in this beta when using Scene Manager to copy scenes:
  1. Amp Channel A is Clean, Amp Channel C is dirty. Scene 1 uses Amp Channel A, Scene 2 uses Amp Channel C.
  2. In Scene Manager, Copy Scene 1 to Scene 3, then copy Scene 2 to Scene 3.
  3. Scene 3 will now display Amp Channel C but with the settings from Amp Channel A so is now clean but expect to be dirty.

Loaded the beta firmware and updated FM9-Edit.

Saved an amp channel in the editor on the new firmware, but when recalling it to a preset, it overwrites all amp channels (behaving like a saved block)

Tried recalling an amp channel that was saved on a previous firmware and it behaves as expected and does not affect any of the other channels.

Have tried resaving the channel but the problem persists.

Saved an amp channel in the editor on the new firmware, but when recalling it to a preset, it overwrites all amp channels (behaving like a saved block)

Tried recalling an amp channel that was saved on a previous firmware and it behaves as expected and does not affect any of the other channels.

Weird... I did this yesterday and it worked as expected.

I will try a more precise test later.

I tested again. No issues.

Can you post a screenshot with the drop down list for the amp blocks in the library? And indicate which you are loading when you have the problem.

The icons are different for saved channels vs saved blocks.

Back
Top Bottom