FM9 - Axe Fx 3 Cloning

serge20261

Inspired
I have the FM9 and Axe 3 Is there any way I can clone the FM9 into the Axe Fx 3 ?
I want a complete clone including settings

You can’t copy the system settings IIRC, but, using Fractal-Bot inside FM9-Edit, you can can backup the banks for your non-factory presets and the user cabs you’ve installed, then drag the preset bank backup file(s) into the left, browser, pane in the Preset Manager, then drag the presets to the slots. Do the same with your cabs in the Cub Manager, paying attention to get the cabs in their original slot numbers otherwise your presets won’t sound right.

Don’t bother copying the factory presets because the ones on the FX3 are the basis for the FM9’s presets. The FX3 presets occasionally get stripped down to fit into the FM9.

I’m not at my modelers right now, so I can’t test whether the FM9 backup files can be directly restored to the FX3, and I don’t remember off hand. It won’t hurt to try doing that because, if it won’t work, Fractal-Bot will tell you. Importing from the backup files definitely works because I do that often.

I’m pretty sure you can export all the FM9 layouts from the FC Edit page, and load them into the FX3, but, because the FM9 switch count is different from the FC6 or FC12, importing them on the FX3 doesn’t make much sense. I pick a stock factory layout for whichever FC i have connected, then modify that. The FC12 is pretty easily massaged into a superset of the OFM9G layout.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom