FM3 Now Shipping

...Once you really understand the differences in the approach, I think for most players one or the other starts to stand out as the right Avenue for their needs...I am convinced fractal is whatā€™s right for me.
It sounds like you and I have been on very similar journeys and have reached the same conclusion. One reason why I think the FM3 will be a better fit for me is the general consensus that Fractal's effects are superior Kemper's. I'm not one of those guitar-straight-into-an-amp guys. If I'm going to ditch my amp and pedal board for digital modeling/profiling, I want to have the very best effects on the market. FAS appears to have that.

I'm sure it's a good piece of gear. Just not a fan of Line6 products.

Because both companies make products that perform similar functions people assume theyā€™re targeted at the same users, but I donā€™t think so.

Line 6 targets the plug and play, ā€œtweak it like itā€™s a pedal or the knobs on the ampā€ crowd. Fractal is for people who are interested in adjusting the internals of their pedals and amps, those who would work with their tech to fine-tune every aspect of the device.

The first user is lost when presented with Fractalā€™s myriad options. The second is frustrated when trying to make Helix do deep editing.

When choosing FM3 (which I am still waiting for), I was guided only by the quality of the simulation, not the number of settings
Is this a bug?

@Saint_Fyre any word yet? He was 6/24/19 I believe.

There hasn't been much information this week unfortunately. Last I read was on one of the Facebook groups for 6/16/19 I think.

I got my invite on the 31st, but they were sold out by the time I followed the link.

I received an additional invitation yesterday (Aug 4th). I successfully purchased one!

wait-listed 6/24/19, invitation 7/31/20, purchase 8/4/20.

Attachments

• B8512262-9AD1-4FE2-8C14-F82ABA27AEFA.jpeg
    B8512262-9AD1-4FE2-8C14-F82ABA27AEFA.jpeg
    210.9 KB · Views: 36
I just wanted to say that the multitude of settings for Fractal products scares me a bit;) And the reason to buy is quality ...
There are lots of things you can tweak if you want, but you donā€™t have to as the defaults sound good. You will find youā€™ll have to learn about pedals, amp design and mods, recording and microphone types and placement, speakers and cabinets, but that comes with time if you explore and try things. You canā€™t break it by adjusting things in a block, and you can easily reload a block to return to the default settings.

I had an AX8 after having a Helix, and was amazed at what Fractal allows us to tweak.

I just wanted to say that the multitude of settings for Fractal products scares me a bit;) And the reason to buy is quality ...
Same here. Funny enough, I had a couple of Line 6 amps back in the day, and they were pretty good. I feel like they've gotten worse over the years (I'm not the only one, saw a video on YT demo'ing a newer piece of gear against an older one, and the difference was disappointing). I don't gig, I don't record (yet). I'm a "living room legend" lol. I just want something that sounds great, that I can adjust if I want, but mostly that I can play and have fun with.

Watch Leon's YT 5 min tone videos. He makes it very simple. I have found his videos to be the best straight forward videos on YT for FAS. He is also kind enough to give us free preset downloads plus he's a cool mate and great guitar player! Def check him out.

It does seem to have slow this week. My FAS email waitlist time is June 23, 2019 and I haven't receive any invites yet.
Hey @Mikko127 have you received an invite yet?

Anyone else receive an invite? Someone mentioned earlier FAS will be getting more units in early August, according to their email correspondence.

Chomping at the bit here lol. I've been going to my brother's house to play his Axe II to scratch the itch.

Anyone else receive an invite? Someone mentioned earlier FAS will be getting more units in early August, according to their email correspondence.

itā€™s been quiet over the last week or two. I think the last date l saw was around June 24 or 25, 2019.

Someone mentioned earlier FAS will be getting more units in early August, according to their email correspondence.
The early August units are now in stock according to the following post:

I got my invite on the 31st, but they were sold out by the time I followed the link.

I received an additional invitation yesterday (Aug 4th). I successfully purchased one!

wait-listed 6/24/19, invitation 7/31/20, purchase 8/4/20.

Chomping at the bit here lol. I've been going to my brother's house to play his Axe II to scratch the itch.

Hi all, sorry I was quite busy at work and didn't have time to check the posts.
My original signed up date was June 23, 2019.

I received my initial invite on July 31, 2020, but it was out of stock. I had to email them about notifying me when it is back in stock.

I received my second email stating that they are back in stock on Aug 4th, 2020.

I ordered it on Aug 4th, 2020. Although I took more than 13 mins between receiving email and ordering, I was still able to order.

Good luck and Rock on guys!

Back
Top Bottom