FM3 Mk II Turbo in the Store...

I got on the waitlist, expecting a longer wait time. Gonna have to wait a few months before splurging after the other musical purchases I made this summer. Super cool to see it available!

@Admin M@ can you please clarify what presets units are shipping with?

I received mine yesterday and the presets aren't ver 5.03. I noticed a few preset names from the past such as "Bludojai Lead" among others. Also the scenes are completely different. So I went and compared and it seems to be the same as ver 1.06. No big deal, I'm just curious if there is a preset update coming.

Thanks.

Cliff said

If the presets are updated they'll move FX3 -> FM9 -> FM3, which takes a lot of time.

The stock v5.03 factory presets for the FM3 are available for downloading and work fine with the current firmware.
Yes, I understand that, but that isn't the question. I would expect units to ship with the current posted presets and they apparently aren't. At least mine didn't.

Yes, I understand that, but that isn't the question. I would expect units to ship with the current posted presets and they apparently aren't. At least mine didn't.
You said you wondered if new presets were coming, which is why I responded. Also, new users aren't usually aware of the availability of the factory presets, hence that link.

I can't check against my unit because I've done the normal beta stuff to it and reloaded it several times.

I received mine yesterday and the presets aren't ver 5.03. I noticed a few preset names from the past such as "Bludojai Lead" among others. Also the scenes are completely different. So I went and compared and it seems to be the same as ver 1.06.
That's... surprising. Might want to ask Support about that.

You said you wondered if new presets were coming, which is why I responded. Also, new users aren't usually aware of the availability of the factory presets, hence that link.

I can't check against my unit because I've done the normal beta stuff to it and reloaded it several times.
Well I'm not a new user, so I suppose you're saying that in case someone else reads it. No worries. I'm just curious if something is coming and hasn't been officially released.

That's... surprising. Might want to ask Support about that.
Yes, I was very surprised. Two to three names caught my eye. "Bludojai Lead" and "Trempeggiator@" was back; I forget the other(s). Also you know how on the current presets there are usually six scenes? For these there were three (at least for Bank A, as I didn't dig into the others). Anyway it looked really familiar so I opened up ver 1.06 and at least the preset names matched up and also the scenes for one or two I auto-auditioned.

Last edited:
I'll check with production. I'm sure they have the latest presets, but maybe they mixed up a file.

I'll check with production. I'm sure they have the latest presets, but maybe they mixed up a file.
Okay. It just caught me off guard. Everything sounded great; I would've expected to have to reset the amp block at least, if it were just a simple file mix up.

I immediately noticed something was different when the Tucana preset only had three scenes (something like "clean, crunch/drive, and lead") which was just about all the amp-focused presets. Like I wrote above, a couple of the preset names definitely caught my eye because I hadn't seen them in awhile. I opened up Bank A from ver 1.06 and the preset names lined up exactly with what was on my unit (as well as the scenes on the handful I looked at).

Was just wondering if something accidentally escaped the lab. :p

FM3 TURBO Mk II received today - with 6.02 FW loaded - and....wait for it....

works, functions, (AND SOUNDS) LIKE A BOSS:cool:

NO issues with USB, noise blasts, as some have reported. (never a doubt on this btw...)
Switched on, and beautiful FAS tones...updated to beta sw and DC, was seemless.
YMMV!

Just got my FM3 MkII today. Mine also had the original factory presets. Not a big deal to download and install the newer ones. Just confirming.
Really glad I saw this thread though, because I just thought the FM3 presets were different than the AxeIII.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom