• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Fixed FM3 freezing

MikeBrooklyn

Inspired
Hey everyone,

I’m learning the front panel functions and poking around and twice in a row everything including the foot switches freeze. I’m using preset 000. I am not connected to a speaker or the usb. Just power. I’ve updated to 1.02 and I just started using the front panel so I don’t know if it was happening in the previous firmware version.
Mike

Hey everyone,

I’m learning the front panel functions and poking around and twice in a row everything including the foot switches freeze. I’m using preset 000. I am not connected to a speaker or the usb. Just power. I’ve updated to 1.02 and I just started using the front panel so I don’t know if it was happening in the previous firmware version.
Mike
Actually, I just replicated it

I’m in preset 000. Layout, zoom. Amp selected. Turn knob B back and forth between amp channel a and b. Entire unit freezes.

I had the unit freeze under different circumstances. I was just modifying a preset, had the looper added so I could play a phrase, then adjust eq and cabs to my liking, once done, I went to Output 1 to check levels, saw that it was too hot, went back to amp block to adjust level and the unit is frozen. I can still hear the looper going but it's like there are no blocks active, just a dry signal going through. Can't change anything in FM3 edit nor on the unit. I have to reboot it to get it to come back. I also tried unplugging USB to see if it would free up the unit but it did not.

Last edited:
The beta team has experienced this as well and the problem has been reported to the devs.

How does this work? If one BT trips over a bug, do they first see if other BTs can replicate it before it goes to the dev team?
Or is each BT report addressed singularly?

I experienced a freeze this morning. I was switching between the two JVM factory presets when the screen faded to white and the device was unresponsive until after a power cycle.

I also have had freezing/issues with firmwares 1.02 1.03, also 1.04 Beta.
Using a PC with solid-state drive. It seems there is a lag in communication between FM3 edit and the unit as well...while I don't expect instantaneous updating it is slower than other editors I have used in the past ( other products) in this regard. Last night
the FM3 itself stopped responding while connected...no switches,knobs etc would function until I disconnected USB and rebooted/power cycles.Tried other USB cables as well..this has only happened a few times and cabling doesnt seem to be a factor. Any editing etc I do with/on the unit is not an issue ( and sounds great btw)

Last edited:
Thanks for asking:)
So far no freezing issues
Lag time is still slow.. I of course did “Refresh after new FW”...and as mentioned in other threads the unit still selects Scenes other than 1 when changing presets in the editor...
If changing from the unit it defaults to Scene 1 as selected under Global Setup..the editor has the same Global setup but doesn’t always follow suit..minor quibble though

Back
Top Bottom