FM3 Firmware Version 8.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys and gals...is anyone else noticing an issue when running outboard pedals? Cause after the update I'm getting terrible feedback when running my external Reverb pedal.
Thanks
Dave

It so interesting because I thought that I heard more upper mid snarl on many of the models in CX3 and less low mid

Yes, 100% agree with this...after rehearsing a couple of times with FM9 last week and doing a show last night the word, indeed, that's been popping into my mind regarding CX3 is "snarl". There is a definite increased rude, hairy, sizzly attack and presence in the upper mids that really jumps out in a big way. I had the rig pretty cranked last night and there was certainly more "3D" presence and immediacy in the feel/punch....

My main mid tweaks have been in the lower mids since, like you note, there was less overall low mids in my presets too upon upgrading and that's where I've been needing to concentrate on.

I got to the venue early to tweak my presets and put of the final touches at "operational live band volume" and all was good....was a really satisfying show with CX3...big time.

So yea, CX3 has got it going on....

Considering it's a different amp being modeled now under "Brit Silver" maybe another sim altogether can get closer to what you seek?

Any recommendations? I tried so many ...

Try boosting the mids in the AMP block via the "Input EQ", or the "Fat" switch, or running a pre-EQ before the AMP block.

If the amp has a "Bright Cap" lower it's value to bring in more mids/lows/fullness.

When I went from CX2 -> CX3 last week on the FM9 it was the mids that I too found needed the most attention to get back to where I was before.

I don't want to have an extra block to make it work, but input EQ and Bright Cap is a very good idea.
I will try it again, thank you very much!

Hi everyone, yesterday I happened to press the tuner to tune the guitar, then I press exit to return to the preset, but nothing, I had to restart, has this happened to anyone else? bugs?

Any recommendations? I tried so many ...
I'd go through all the marshalls, but you've probably done that. One option would be using some kind of EQ match tech and baking the result into an IR as a corrective measure.

I'm having a somewhat similar challenge with the Deliverance sims. MKII lost a lot of the percusiveness that made MKI special imo (MKII replaced MKI as a sim). Corrective eq may not fix this though.

Sum L+R on Output 1 not correct

It is a little bit tricky to describe but I will do my best (English is not my native language).

I am running FW 8.00 beta 1 and I have attached a small preset for verification:
A synth block is generating a 220 Hz sawtooth wave. Parameter Balance is modulated by LFO 1 (sine wave).

Steps to reproduce the problem:
  • Connect FM3's left output 1 only to your mixer and set the corresponding pan to center
  • FM3 output configuration: OUTPUT 1 Mode = Sum L+R
  • Import/Load attached preset
Result: On the mixer you will notice that the mixer's level goes down to 0 whenever the synth's balance is right.

If you repeat the same test scenario with FX III (running FW 25.00) then the result is different:
The mixer channel's level is more or less the same - it never goes down to 0.
Thank you for the preset. This will be fixed in the next firmware revision.

BUG?
I experienced a weird bug today.
The FM3 stopped switching preset via increase/decrease footswitch and produced just bitcrushing noise or even no sound at all.
Scene changing via increase/decrease footswitch did also not work.
Needed to restart the unit.
Anyone else?

But in sum: Great update! Gapeless switching! Whooooo!

Hi everyone, yesterday I happened to press the tuner to tune the guitar, then I press exit to return to the preset, but nothing, I had to restart, has this happened to anyone else? bugs?
I normally start the Tuner via Footswitch so I don't recall for sure, but don't you need to press the Tuner button again to exit not the Exit button?

BUG?
I experienced a weird bug today.
The FM3 stopped switching preset via increase/decrease footswitch and produced just bitcrushing noise or even no sound at all.
Scene changing via increase/decrease footswitch did also not work.
Needed to restart the unit.
Anyone else?

But in sum: Great update! Gapeless switching! Whooooo!
Sounds like a crash...

If it happens again take note of the preset you were changing to when it happens.

I normally start the Tuner via Footswitch so I don't recall for sure, but don't you need to press the Tuner button again to exit not the Exit button?

I believe you are correct. If you get to the tuner via the foot switch then you need the foot switch to exit. If you use the editor to call the tuner then you have to exit from the editor. The exit button on the unit won’t do it as far as I know.

Is anyone having an issue with auditioning cabs in FM EDIT, I’m selecting the cab on the left pane but I’m not hearing any difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom