FM3 Firmware Version 8.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else noticed a significant drop in low end response? For sure the update has cleared out a lot of the low mid mud that I had to fight before to get things sounding good in a mix, but now I'm finding that things often sound too thin and weedy.

Also less gain than before? Not a complaint, but more an observation.

I love the update and I'm sure this can all be remedied by more tweaking but any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I don’t need input low cut anymore.

Hello,
I'm experiencing USB connection issues after updating to 8.0 beta (not the same day but from the following day).
FM3 Edit is unable to connect to 3 out of 4 ports on my laptop (and all ports work correctly with other devices).
Could this be due to a possible bug?
Update:
I had to go to Settings>Preferences>General>Ports and set the In/Out dropdown menu to < < none > > and then click on Use Default Port button.
For some reason after the update it was set to FM3 Communications Port (COM4), I never opened Preferences before.
Now it connects through every USB port

Last edited:
There's something I have to say:
after the update, I'm going through all the factory presets again, and I have the feeling they sound SIGNIFICANTLY better...
When I bought the FM3 a few months ago, I have to admit I wasn't very impressed with the factory presets... don't get me wrong, they were great, but there wasn't the 'wow' effect that I'm experiencing now.
I don't know what technical wizardry is at play here, but there's something that wasn't there before that makes it everything more enjoyable to listen to AND to play.
If I was 100% satisfied before, now I'm at 500%.
A HUGE thank you to everyone involved in the work behind the update.

Sum L+R on Output 1 not correct

It is a little bit tricky to describe but I will do my best (English is not my native language).

I am running FW 8.00 beta 1 and I have attached a small preset for verification:
A synth block is generating a 220 Hz sawtooth wave. Parameter Balance is modulated by LFO 1 (sine wave).

Steps to reproduce the problem:
  • Connect FM3's left output 1 only to your mixer and set the corresponding pan to center
  • FM3 output configuration: OUTPUT 1 Mode = Sum L+R
  • Import/Load attached preset
Result: On the mixer you will notice that the mixer's level goes down to 0 whenever the synth's balance is right.

If you repeat the same test scenario with FX III (running FW 25.00) then the result is different:
The mixer channel's level is more or less the same - it never goes down to 0.

Attachments

• Stereo2Mono.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 4
Created a preset using Solodono Lead amp. CPU in 70s but sometimes getting snap crackle pop. Increased buffer setting to no avail.

Created a preset using Solodono Lead amp. CPU in 70s but sometimes getting snap crackle pop. Increased buffer setting to no avail.

Crackle when playing or recording?

Post the preset.

Do you use the FM3 as interface or just for creating the sound and using a second device as interface?

What do you need to do if you download a preset, say from axechange, and you are runnng FW 8 with Cygnus x3.

Do you need to upgrade that individual preset in the utilities menu?

Then do you have to do an amp reset?

What do you need to do if you download a preset, say from axechange, and you are runnng FW 8 with Cygnus x3.

Do you need to upgrade that individual preset in the utilities menu?

Then do you have to do an amp reset?
the Update Preesets in the Utility menu basically saves all presets so the version matches the current Firmware.

once you load a single preset and eventually save it, you've done that step. so no need to do the Update procedure.

Can't get the Brit Silver to sound like in 7.0, the mids are veery different. I can't compensate the missing/changing mids with other amp controls ...
Any recommendations? Or other models with similar mids/gain structure? I tried so many different models and nothing is quite similar ...

Can't get the Brit Silver to sound like in 7.0, the mids are veery different. I can't compensate the missing/changing mids with other amp controls ...
Any recommendations? Or other models with similar mids/gain structure? I tried so many different models and nothing is quite similar ...
IIRC, you just need to turn the mids up further. There should be some discussion on this in the Axe Fx FW (the one where Brit Silver was updated a couple of FW ago) threads.

IIRC, you just need to turn the mids up further. There should be some discussion on this in the Axe Fx FW (the one where Brit Silver was updated a couple of FW ago) threads.

Yeah I read about the discussion, but that was pre-cygnus-x3, so I think not 100% applicable.
The mids are just different and less/not as gnarly as before - even I crank them up to 10.
Changed almost all standard EQ parameters, the out eq can't also hit them at the right spot ..
I a/b tested it this weekend (DI tracks, USB reamped, ...) heavily.

Finally installed the beta last night. Gapless is fantastic! Sonically, I'm not hearing a huge change (maybe a bit brighter), but the change in feel is palpable. I'm not going to call it better (because that's subjective), but the amps now react in a way that reminds me more of the real-deal tube amps they are emulating.

I ran the "Upgrade all presets" in the utilities menu and really haven't noticed anything that would require tweaks in my gigging presets at all. The volume levels all seem about the same as before and the overall tone doesn't seem drastically different.

-Aaron

Yeah I read about the discussion, but that was pre-cygnus-x3, so I think not 100% applicable.
The mids are just different and less/not as gnarly as before - even I crank them up to 10.
Changed almost all standard EQ parameters, the out eq can't also hit them at the right spot ..
I a/b tested it this weekend (DI tracks, USB reamped, ...) heavily.
Considering it's a different amp being modeled now under "Brit Silver" maybe another sim altogether can get closer to what you seek?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom