FM3 Firmware Version 8.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this update, everything is great. But I noticed that if you switch presets and scenes using the midi controller, there is still a small gap, when switching with the buttons on the FM itself, I did not notice a gap. Has anyone noticed this anymore? Sorry, English is not my native language

This interests me as my plan would be to use the FM3 with the Morningstar MC6 as I did a couple of years ago.

=> are you using an FC6 or FC12 connected to your FM3 ? -or- are you using another different external Midi FSW connected to your FM3 ?

=> when your Midi FSW is connected .... the onboard 3 x FSW's on the FM3 still switch gaplessly (?) -but- the pre-sets switched by the external Midi FSW have a slight switching gap (?)

I'm no Midi expert but it could possibly just be Midi Contrtoller Latency when switiching ?

Maybe others can chime in.

Ben

Reactions: 621
increase < 1% on my FM3 MK1 , here is the comparison

View attachment 138818

Great post 621 - thanks !

I'm guessing that since by default FW 8 puts Gapless Switching on "All" by default, that your CPU % reading for FW 8 has Gapless Switching set to "All" (?)

Looking like it can be safely called an effective %0 cpu-hit ..... even though to be mathematically anal its actually a massive ;) +%1.0105 .

As they say in movies ..... we can all " fuhgedaboutit "

Ben

Last edited:
This interests me as my plan would be to use the FM3 with the Morningstar MC6 as I did a couple of years ago.

=> are you using an FC6 or FC12 connected to your FM3 ? -or- are you using another different external Midi FSW connected to your FM3 ?

=> when your Midi FSW is connected .... the onboard 3 x FSW's on the FM3 still switch gaplessly (?) -but- the pre-sets switched by the external Midi FSW have a slight switching gap (?)

I'm no Midi expert but it could possibly just be Midi Contrtoller Latency when switiching ?

Ben
I tried both FM3 FS’s and my MIDI to see if there was a difference. At least for me if there was a difference it was not perceptible, I only checked both to see because I mainly use my MIDI pedal for most of my changing and I was hoping that wouldn’t affect my ability to take advantage of gapless. For me it is working perfectly with MIDI. Only MIDI in currently, not thru if that matters.

Ben
MIDI is gapless, and so is switching with the FM3 switches, BUT if there's a hold function assigned to a switch, it will switch once the switch is released. It's still gapless, it just has to wait until you're not holding the switch anymore.

Меня это интересует, поскольку мой план состоял бы в том, чтобы использовать FM3 с Morningstar MC6, как я это сделал пару лет назад.

=> вы используете FC6 и FC12, подходящий для FM3 ? -ор- вы используете другой внешний Midi FSW, подключенный к вашему FM3 ?

=>, kogda ваш Midi FSW podkluluchen .. встроенный 3 FSW на FM3 по-прежнему переключить зазору (?) -но- предваряющие набору в нешешним Миди FSW иметь небольшой переключение промежуток (?)

Я не эксперт по Миди но это может быть просто так Midi Contrtoller Задержка при переключении ?

Может, другие могут зазвонить.

Бен
Привет, я использую контроллер G-lab GSC-2. И теперь я заметил, что разрыв есть не на всех предустановках, возможно, что если в предустановке много блоков, есть разрыв

increase < 1% on my FM3 MK1 , here is the comparison. no big deal actually. it's still under 1% :D :D
See? FM3 is superior to other units. They lost a few % on this, we gained some.
FM3 gang for life!
Ufc 209 Mma GIF by UFC

don't miss this important event.
Saturday 20th 3:00 p.m. (CET)
We will talk about the new firmware 8.00 for Fractal Audio FM3, one of the most important that have ever been released for this Fractal device
We will see how the way of creating presets changes with the new Gapless function and, as always, you can participate with your questions live
Don't forget to subscribe my YouTube Channel!!!

Repeating myself, but God damn how good the feel is in this firmware. Definitely a bigger difference than Cygnus X2 made... Maybe even a bigger positive difference for me than the original Cygnus? I don't know, but this is incredible, from the fender deluxe to the citrus RV50.

noob question.... I did "upgrade all presets". I read that we have to soft reset the amp blocks, too....I did this with all my presets... do I have to reset the amp blocks on the factory presets, too?

with regards to CPU hit, my main kitchen sink preset used to be 75%. immediately after the firmware 8.0.0b update, it went to 64%!
thinking this wasn't right, I then updated all presets, rebooted the machine, and sure enough.. it went to 63% lol!

Gapless is an absolute no brainer, I never put beta firmwares on, but I had to with this one.
It's just incredible what I can do now.

Loving the 2203, that was my main gigging amp for years, I throw in an OCD (Low pass) pedal and some reverb/delays, and I got my tone.

Just amazing guys! amazing! WOW!

Found a firmware 6.0 screen grab of the CPU use, but it was about the same for FM7.
I've saved about 10%!

Firmware 6/7 = 74%
Firmware 8 = 65% (at the time of snapping it, it jumped to 65 but was mainly 64%)

insane, FAS are Voodoo Magicians.

WOW

Attachments

• Firmware 6.0 - JMP-1 Kitchen Sink.jpg
    Firmware 6.0 - JMP-1 Kitchen Sink.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 43
  • Firmware 8 Kitchen Sink JMP-1.png
    Firmware 8 Kitchen Sink JMP-1.png
    146.6 KB · Views: 43
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back