FM3 Firmware Version 8.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What firmware are you updating from? If you're coming from, I think, 5.0 or higher, you don't need to install the Dyna Cabs, as they should already be there.

If you're updating from an earlier firmware, then you want to install edit first, then the beta firmware, then the Dyna Cabs.
I am currently running v7.00

So just install the beta firmware and the FM3 edit.. correct? Thanks

I ran “upgrade all presets”, which pulled in the changes, then checked them for level changes and then maybe made minor adjustments to the tone controls.

I found that some of the amps sounded a little different. Cliff said that the new settings are based on different/better measurements so I attributed the difference to that; the amps are more accurate, so I wanted to recalibrate my expectations. I played using a couple different guitars and rolled their volumes to see how the amps reacted, and found some amps I’d kinda liked before that I really like now: The Bludojai Clean and Lead, and the FAS Express, are way up on my list now. I’ll give them more time and maybe change the cabs to Dyna-Cabs.
I've also been playing around with FAS Express and now I think it's sensationally good. I wish FAS would build a few factory presets with the new amps and dynacabs to show what's possible... I prefer working with the factory presets rather than building them myself, I'm not that good at building them myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom