FM3 Firmware Version 8.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always the greatest thanks to everyone at FAS for their continued product improvements to their customers. You're all the best!

It's like christmas :-D What I don't understand... do I have to do something now so that the factory presets and the individual presets are adjusted or does this happen automatically? ...apart from the "upgrade all presets" function...?

Party Festa GIF by SE Palmeiras

This is my first ever beta and as I just got my FM3 so I'm tempted to wait for the full release. But I really REALLY want to try it. I am assuming the Beta's are pretty stable... Are there any realistic issues to worry about trying out the Beta's?

This is my first ever beta and as I just got my FM3 so I'm tempted to wait for the full release. But I really REALLY want to try it. I am assuming the Beta's are pretty stable... Are there any realistic issues to worry about trying out the Beta's?
It’s kinda the point, it’s gone through their testing, they’ve found no issues no it can be tested by the wider community :)

I am assuming the Beta's are pretty stable...
Not necessarily... but they have gone thru some internal beta testing.

Are there any realistic issues to worry about trying out the Beta's?
Depends on what you consider an "issue". If you are gigging, best practice is to wait until also the official release has been out for a while. Also,it will change some amp settings if that's important to you.

If you are a hobby player, the only risk is a random bug here or there. Just do a full backup before installing.

Playing on it now. It's definitely a massive improvement to how real my go-to high gain amps feel. Chugs have a bit more of an organic squish to them that wasn't there before, at least to my ears.

Also I've never played the IRL model, but the 5150 Stealth is absolutely disgusting. It will be a new favorite for sure.

Thanks for the replies. Currently playing in 2 bands but we are still getting ready for gigging, which won't be for at least a couple months. And as I just got my FM3 last month, I would like to jump on the newest modeling asap as I prepare my presets for eventual shows.

Funny thing, last time I updated a hardware firmware was my Pod X3. Which bricked it and I was SOL with Line 6. That's how I ended up with my Ultra. Got tired of L6 and their paid updates (at the time) and lack of support. My ultra had firmware 11, and other than the Ultra I've been using VSTs or my amp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom