Status
Not open for further replies.
Ils sont créatifs à Montauban! :laughing:

For the rest of us: remarked = noticed

I don't know where you live, anyway...

verb
  1. say something as a comment; mention.
    "‘Tom's looking peaky,’ she remarked"
    synonymes : comment, say, observe, mention, reflect, state, declare, announce, pronounce, assert, interpose, interject, come out with, opine, comment on, refer to, speak of, pass comment on, say something about, touch on
  2. regard with attention; notice.
    "he remarked the man's inflamed eyelids"
    synonymes : note, notice, observe, take note of, mark, perceive, discern

Well, that's me schooled! :tearsofjoy:
Actually I'm not French and been using this verb since I learned English in Holland 😉. No sweat. In France one would effectively say "remarqué" which has here the exact same two meanings AFAIK.

Correction : actually I became French 12 years ago so I am now, but was born and raised in the Netherlands.

Pas de souci ! I'm originally from Paris, and am a bit of a linguist nerd (I'm actually a translation proofreader) - I was just making a friendly joke because the use of that verb is a little unusual in that construction. I hope I didn't ruffle any feathers... Apologies everyone, hijack over! FM3 7.00 mode ON - silky smooth for me...

I don't know where you live, anyway...

verb
  1. say something as a comment; mention.
    "‘Tom's looking peaky,’ she remarked"
    synonymes : comment, say, observe, mention, reflect, state, declare, announce, pronounce, assert, interpose, interject, come out with, opine, comment on, refer to, speak of, pass comment on, say something about, touch on
  2. regard with attention; notice.
    "he remarked the man's inflamed eyelids"
    synonymes : note, notice, observe, take note of, mark, perceive, discern
I've never heard it used that way (#2) in common (American) English vernacular.

I've never heard it used that way (#2) in common (American) English vernacular.
It’s not. But it’s not unusual for French translations to include archaic English usage, just like Cajun includes some archaic French usage, and Appalachian dialect includes some archaic English usage.

It’s not. But it’s not unusual for French translations to include archaic English usage, just like Cajun includes some archaic French usage, and Appalachian dialect includes some archaic English usage.
It came from an English dictionary. Unless you want to limit the "real English" to its tribal origins (Anglo-Saxon = West German tribes), this verb actually is "common use". Effectively the actual English contains an important Latin influence (check here if this really interests you : https://www.centreofexcellence.com/history-of-the-english-language/
Unfortunately nowadays society tends to limit the used vocabulary to the strict minimum, which would BTW limit the actual English language to the 4500 Anglo Saxon words it still contains, no further comment on the causes and consequences of this tendency.
As we are totally off topic I suggest to close the parenthesis (another not so English word, you might prefer "brackets" ?).

Back to topic : Last Monday I reinjected the FW7 to do the settings on real speakers and not on headphones as during my first attempt and discovering Dynacabs revealed a great tool to me, also lowering CPU use. My preferred settings are mostly about 65-67% off axis and distance 1-3".

Dynacabs revealed a great tool to me, also lowering CPU use

I haven't checked CPU usage. But from a workflow perspective, it's such a deal changer for me. With the legacy cabs I really couldn't be bothered to try many of the factory IRs - it just was too cumbersome for me. But Dynacabs it's so easy and pleasant to find a nice tone...

It came from an English dictionary. Unless you want to limit the "real English" to its tribal origins (Anglo-Saxon = West German tribes), this verb actually is "common use". Effectively the actual English contains an important Latin influence (check here if this really interests you : https://www.centreofexcellence.com/history-of-the-english-language/
Unfortunately nowadays society tends to limit the used vocabulary to the strict minimum, which would BTW limit the actual English language to the 4500 Anglo Saxon words it still contains, no further comment on the causes and consequences of this tendency.
He was just commenting on modern English usage. There are plenty of archaic ("remarked" is not archaic, but it's usage was) terms which can be found in the dictionary which one would never use in everyday speech or writing.

There are other non-native English speakers that may appreciate the feedback. Just because those words are in the dictionary doesn't mean it's normal to use them in certain situations. ;)

Last edited:
He was just commenting on modern English usage. There are plenty of archaic ("remarked" is not archaic, but it's usage was) terms which can be found in the dictionary which one would never use in everyday speech or writing.

There are other non-native English speakers that may appreciate the feedback. Just because those words are in the dictionary doesn't mean it's normal to use them in certain situations. ;)
It ain't used 'at way in these parts were I cum' frum. :D

This. The same is true of any widely-spoken language.

Please Forgive my noob-ness and if it's been expressed before. New FM3 user here.

Does a step-by-step instruction list exist that says exactly what to do and how/when to do it for this new firmware upgrade? I see the links and I'm seeing the help being administered on this thread. I'm just not seeing a step by step. I might have missed it.

Please Forgive my noob-ness and if it's been expressed before. New FM3 user here.

Does a step-by-step instruction list exist that says exactly what to do and how/when to do it for this new firmware upgrade? I see the links and I'm seeing the help being administered on this thread. I'm just not seeing a step by step. I might have missed it.
In the firmware download, there's a file called README Firmware Update Guide.pdf. That's your ticket.

Back to the whole remarkable thing I’d have to agree that the specific usage demonstrated (“something I’ve never remarked”) does appear cumbersome and certainly not used in that form amongst native English speakers, yet “remarkable”, “unremarkable”, and phrases like “marked increase” are typical and common usage of words with “mark” as a root word.

I always find it amusing when non-native English speakers who learned the language in an academic environment want to defend so vehemently their usage as if they must be correct because their textbooks and their teachers drilled form and function into their heads yet forget to apply the same rule that governS everything else when it comes to things learned in school or in training: there’s the book and there’s the real world. In the real English speaking world no one absolutely remarked anything because no one would ever say that, whether it’s technically correct or not.

I’ve been to South America twice this year for work and my key takeaway is that the Spanish I learned in junior high, high school, and college has nothing to do with actual Spanish. The most relevant Spanish I ever learned was from the Texicans I served with in the Marine Corps.

7.00 installed but haven’t been home long enough in August to actually play it.

Last edited:
Maybe its normal or some1 already mentioned , but with COMP block choice 'Compander' vs all other , the CPU increases from about 76% to = CPU limit exceed ?

* can see when left MB pressed and moving the knobs ( ratio time transient ) it flashes 76% cpu short some values vs exceed - but releasing the button final always gets CPU lim exceeded

*also vs other choices always 76% no matter High res / normal in CAB block -
When IR = ultra res its with COMPANDER CPU exceed - if Normal 76% as other COMP choices

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom