FM3 Firmware Version 6.00 beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually in the middle of making a YT video demoing my live presets when I noticed the update and figured that I could d more of a comparison video instead since I could just replay what I had done with 5.03 with 6 but once I got into it I realized that wasn't going to be a good use of my time. I actually took a few minutes a rebuilt a few of my sounds using saved blocks instead of my preset and the difference in FEEL playing through the FM3 was incredible. I'm going to spend some time today experimenting before I make my video but this feels like a big step forward for the feel and sound of the unit. Much more organic and open than before. Very stoked on the new update.

Can't guaranty its not placebo effect, but after spending a few hours playing some of my favorite and most used presets, I think V6b sounds and feels even better than V5. Really love playing the FM3! Thanks team Fractal!

While i trully apreciatte the effort and some of the new features are amazing, is it me or did the firmware changed the sound of previous made presets?

I rolled back the firmware and maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but i do hear a diference. Guess ill stay on the old firmware for a bit while, but's it's really exciting to see this sneak peek of the future ahead for the unit.

While i trully apreciatte the effort and some of the new features are amazing, is it me or did the firmware changed the sound of previous made presets?

I rolled back the firmware and maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but i do hear a diference. Guess ill stay on the old firmware for a bit while, but's it's really exciting to see this sneak peek of the future ahead for the unit.

Haven’t had a chance to update yet but it’s to be expected that presets might need some adjustments for new firmware. Sounds like this one isn’t too bad. Can’t wait to hear it on Wednesday.

Amps feel smoother, I use only a couple of fuzz as drive and they need some adjustment of high and level, klon drive seems very good! The CPU goes down by at least 5%... switching scenes seems the same as fw5, preset seems a bit smoother. Wonderful firmware so far...

I am having trouble updating the firmware, I updated fm3edit yet its not finding the new update for firmware Send Help please!!!

Updated. With my main patch I noticed 3 things which I presume a are Cygnus 2 related:

1. More definition playing the neck pick in lower registers with higher gain. Previously it sounded a bit "woofy" at times and lacking clarity on the low E String and now the attack is definitely clearer.

2. Better clean up with the guitar's volume pot, the pot's full range is usable down to literally barely open (assuming input gate is defeated) and the FM3 responds naturally. It was good before, but it's definitely a bit better now IMHO.

3. "Snappier" response on low/mid gain sounds, anyone who chicken/hybrid picks who likes that "pop" and has been using a compressor will need to adjust or even remove it.

One observation , the output level is higher on all my presets comparing with the previous 5.0.3 without changing anything else. I am using the spdif out connected to my interface.

Read the release notes. A change in the sound is intentional.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-firmware-version-6-00-beta-2.188173/post-2334391

One observation , the output level is higher on all my presets comparing with the previous 5.0.3 without changing anything else. I am using the spdif out connected to my interface.
Read the release notes. A change in SPDIF output level is intentional.

"SPDIF output level will no longer be dependent on the volume knob."

Great update!!! Haven't gotten to play with it much, but impressed so far. I have been running everything out of the balanced outputs to my interface. I will try the S/pdif connection which would bypass an unneccesry D/A A/D conversion. Wish I would have thought about it sooner.

thanks for everything it works really great !!! everything sounds good but I would like to ask a question once I have made the lineup in the lineup screen why when I change the slot the lineup doesn't scroll? so you never know where it is .... can't make every slot and song the cursor drop based on the lineup? thank you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom