Flying with you Axe FX (I mean literally...)

Here is one more option similar to the Gator Rackbag above:

Gator GRB-2U: 8lbs with a shoulder strap. Could also fit a 15" laptop. Only doubt is the depth = 14" while the Axe Fx is 14.25"

Hi guys,
Felt it necessary to report back. I ended up going the GATOR GRB-2U above. Worked beautifully well. Very solid construction with room enough for a 15" Retina Macbook, flashdrive, a few extra cables and power cable. Easily fits in overhead. Only drag is that is can be pretty heavy lugging it through airport terminals etc. But having done a lot of research it was the only surefire way not to risk having to check the Axe-Fx as luggage, given the weight and dimension restrictions on most airlines these days. I am convinced it was the right choice for any flying gig, at least for me.

Sorry for bumping this thread but I was pointed to it as the holy grail of threads about taking your Axe FX on a plane and there is one option I'm not sure has been mentioned. I'm about to go on tour in Russia and will be checking my guitar in the hold. This leaves me with no checked baggage to bring my Axe FX. I spoke with my friends in Omnium Gatherum and they said they ALWAYS take their Axe FXs "as laptops". When they are asked by security they just say, "it's a guitar computer" and they get away with it every time apparently. This is in addition to taking on a carry-on bag. So they walk on with a backpack full of clothes and an Axe FX disguised as a laptop...

My singer is telling me to just do the same but I'm pretty anxious about them saying to me, "that laptop weighs 6.7kg already on its own so you have to choose, the "laptop" or your carry-on bag."

Anyone tried this before?

Back
Top Bottom