(FIXED)No sound from W11 through the AFX3

vandijkbv

Hey everyone,

I'm encountering a frustrating issue with my Axe FX 3 and Windows 11, and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar or might have a solution.

The problem is that I'm not getting any sound output from Windows through my Axe FX 3. I can still hear the sound from my guitar, so it seems like the interface is working fine in that regard. However, when it comes to Windows sounds or any other audio from my PC, I'm getting none.

What's strange is that when I restart the Axe FX 3, I do get a brief moment of sound from Windows for about a second, and then it disappears again. It's almost like there's some kind of conflict or setting that's causing this, but I can't seem to figure it out.

I've tried checking all my connections, ensuring that the drivers are up to date, and messing around with various settings both on the Axe FX 3 and in Windows, but nothing seems to resolve the issue.

Has anyone else run into a similar problem, or does anyone have any suggestions for troubleshooting steps I could try? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

I guess i did something stupid... I thought it was a good idea to remove the drivers and install it again, but now Windows detects it in DFU mode...

Hey everyone,

I'm encountering a frustrating issue with my Axe FX 3 and Windows 11, and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar or might have a solution.

The problem is that I'm not getting any sound output from Windows through my Axe FX 3. I can still hear the sound from my guitar, so it seems like the interface is working fine in that regard. However, when it comes to Windows sounds or any other audio from my PC, I'm getting none.

What's strange is that when I restart the Axe FX 3, I do get a brief moment of sound from Windows for about a second, and then it disappears again. It's almost like there's some kind of conflict or setting that's causing this, but I can't seem to figure it out.

I've tried checking all my connections, ensuring that the drivers are up to date, and messing around with various settings both on the Axe FX 3 and in Windows, but nothing seems to resolve the issue.

Has anyone else run into a similar problem, or does anyone have any suggestions for troubleshooting steps I could try? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
if your headphones or speakers are plugged into the Axe directly, when you hear guitar, you aren't hearing any "interface" part of the unit. that's the direct signal out of the unit.

sounds like Windows was choosing something else as the audio interface earlier.

I use fxSound enhancer so thats what my windows sound setting is

But in FxSound program I use AXE in sound device selection window - you may want to try it its a great program and its free I luv it

So I think your Axe setting is correct as you are not using a sound enhancer program

Is the volume turned up in Windows and not muted?

Check the front panel Home screen and page right to the Meters page. Do you see signal on USB Inputs 1&2 when Windows is playing audio?

In your screenshot above instead of AXE choose speakers Realtek Audio instead - I dont think it should be Axe after looking at my settings

Last edited:
If you click the arrow to the right next to speakers in output section to get to more settings this is what I see

Back
Top Bottom