First UR clip and review + SICK new METAL IR pack coming SOOOOON

[business hat off]

A few months ago I saw myself victim to marital infidelity, the beginning of a divorce, and an invasive and extensive audit. Anyone who has been through the first two will know that some people do not make it out with their life (without taking it themselves), and at times I was unsure I was going to. I just put most of that behind me a few weeks ago, and am getting things rolling again. In the course of my 10-15 hour a day work weeks, I've sectioned off a couple hours a day to work in parallel on something that will hopefully generate some income, so I can keep the lights on, a roof overhead, and feed my two young kids - due to the circumstances I am responsible for almost entirely alone at this point. The 1x12 and 2x12 libraries are priced incredibly in favor of the consumer and take an incredible amount of time to put together - it takes an entire week to sample 1 speaker and compile the files for all the formats. At current, those libraries bring in about 10 to 50 cents an hour of work that I put into them. I do sincerely apologize for the delay, I expected none of the above to happen, however I am putting a minimum of 30 hours a week into them again. I want them done and out of the way probably more than anyone else. I would have preferred to keep this all to myself, however, due to the circumstances and amount of time I spend answering emails with similar questions and sentiments I felt an explanation was in order. Hope this was illuminating. :)

[/business hat off]

New speakers are now back in regular development. Keep a lookout on the OwnHammer Facebook page (facebook.com/ownhammer) for when each new one drops!

I sincerely hope everything goes well for you!

[business hat off]

A few months ago I saw myself victim to marital infidelity, the beginning of a divorce, and an invasive and extensive audit. Anyone who has been through the first two will know that some people do not make it out with their life (without taking it themselves), and at times I was unsure I was going to. I just put most of that behind me a few weeks ago, and am getting things rolling again. In the course of my 10-15 hour a day work weeks, I've sectioned off a couple hours a day to work in parallel on something that will hopefully generate some income, so I can keep the lights on, a roof overhead, and feed my two young kids - due to the circumstances I am responsible for almost entirely alone at this point. The 1x12 and 2x12 libraries are priced incredibly in favor of the consumer and take an incredible amount of time to put together - it takes an entire week to sample 1 speaker and compile the files for all the formats. At current, those libraries bring in about 10 to 50 cents an hour of work that I put into them. I do sincerely apologize for the delay, I expected none of the above to happen, however I am putting a minimum of 30 hours a week into them again. I want them done and out of the way probably more than anyone else. I would have preferred to keep this all to myself, however, due to the circumstances and amount of time I spend answering emails with similar questions and sentiments I felt an explanation was in order. Hope this was illuminating. :)

[/business hat off]

New speakers are now back in regular development. Keep a lookout on the OwnHammer Facebook page (facebook.com/ownhammer) for when each new one drops!

Ouch! Sorry to hear this news. I wish you all the best in getting through this rough time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[business hat off]A few months ago I saw myself victim to marital infidelity, the beginning of a divorce

WARNING... I'm going to get personal in this post...

I really know how you feel. Mine came right after 9.11. To make matters worse, I had just bought a home she wanted and we weren't there two months and I was told the company I worked for was going to be shut down and I would be losing my job. I was losing a job I loved and then my wife decided to leave me because I didn't think having a child right then would be a good idea. She got the child she wanted from a co-worker and hid it from me for months while we "worked on our marriage".

For many months of my life I woke up or could not sleep all night long only to get up to another day I did not want to live through. Struggling to live minute to minute let alone day to day.

Everything worked out for me in the end. I ended up not losing my job and not losing my home, and I'm now much happier in a different relationship with a different woman and am much happier. Not sure of your exact situation, but the Chicago song "If she would have been faithful" has special meaning to me now.

Just wanted to let you know you're not alone. I'll be the first one to lay down some of my money for your work. There are many of us who truly appreciate all the effort you go through for us. Thanks for all your great work and dedication.

To the OP: Killer sounds! The one thing I detest is all that time consuming editing on high gain tracks, and you've done a stellar job!

To Ownhammer: Goddammit, those IR's sound great. I am going to buy when I get a chance, and when they come out because they are some of the best high gain sounds I've ever heard.

To Kevin and Matt: Also, goddamn, hearing things like that make me realise how lucky I am. Take heart guys, you're never alone in the Fractal forum.

Thanks for the words of support and encouragement, guys, truly a heartfelt thank you. :)

Matt, that sounds absolutely terrible, and draws multiple parallels to my situation and for that I am unspeakably sorry to hear of it. However, I am glad to hear that things turned out for the best, that is very heartwarming as well as uplifting. There truly is no way of putting into words the devastation that these situations impose on a person. Unfortunately, it must be lived through to truly understand, and I would not wish that upon anyone.

Wow. I'd just like to give a giant hug to all of you dealing with issues like this. I haven't ever had to go through a divorce before, just a couple really messy breakups. I can only imagine how much it sucks to have that firm commitment to someone only to have the rug pulled out from under you. Stay well fellas.

Speaking from the heart, Kevin, I am truly sorry that you're going through hell with your personal life. I can only offer words of support which pale in comparison to an in person comfort. Even if you didn't work tirelessly to provide the best IR's that I've ever had the pleasure of using, I speak for all who know of you that we would still be there in spirit, by your side to help your through.

I'm my opinion, to the possible vilification of others, I think that you undersell your work. if you compare your quality/quantity of work with a comparable vendor, you are cutting your own throat. Do yourself a favour and stop the loyalty discounts for a start. People will always buy a quality product and quality is something that you have in spades.

Hang in there Kevin, we're all praying for you and wishing you and Own Hammer longevity and a happy, prosperous future.

*HUG*

*Disclaimer*

No homo intended :D

Kevin

There are a lot of people around the world who believe in you, and in what you are doing for IRs. We like your work. Whilst this may give you a sense of purpose in the short term we also want to know that you'll be around to continue it for years to come. So remember that your health and family must come first. We come a lot further down the priority list.

Good luck

Roland

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I want to join in the show of support Kevin.

You have been a positive influence on this forum and on the state of the art it guitar modeling.

Your hard work is very appreciated and the quality of what you do is top shelf.

Kevin... I KNOW man!
Close that door Brò! Think positive like YOU ARE as all we can see and feel in your work!
Thake your time for your products... coz first you must be proud (and you can) of it!
We can wait and when you are ready... we well be there... with our smoking paypal account! :encouragement:

and I would not wish that upon anyone.

Kevin well said. I can't tell you how many times I've said the same thing.

Now lets stop dealing with the past and keep looking towards the future and I'm sure we're all looking forward to purchasing this killer IR pack of high gain cabs! I know I am! They can't get here soon enough! :)

Kevin, like others i would to express my support to you. You've done a great job and I'm very thankful for all your hardworking. I can't even imagine how hard your those events have been on you and your loved ones. I hope you can find light at the end of the tunnel and continue to do everything to enjoy to do.

Best wishes

Is there any sort of ETA on this cab pack? I'm seriously in need of some new IR's !

Really? You must have missed ALL THE ABOVE. Give Kevin a break!

Kevin, heart is out to you, and dealing with a personal sickness myself right now boy do perspectives change! Enjoy life, dont work too hard...Love.

Thanks again guys, feelin' the love, which has been much needed as of late. Hope you're feeling better soon symphx! :)

It's all good, looking at middle to end of next week hopefully. In the time I've had for it I have been thinking a lot about a certain feature element of these libraries, and after a lot of consideration needed to change some things up (content is the same, delivery elements are different). Most of the beta group doesn't even know, actually. As such, I had to rewrite my monster build script and am testing it out now. I have to redo the PDF's and change the way the site was set up to organize them, so I've got that on top of all the other OH related things I'm trying to do at the same time.

Thanks again for the enthusiasm and support everyone, will be getting this out and getting on with more speakers for the smaller cabs very soon!

Really looking forward to these!! Any chance you could say which cabs / speakers will be included?

The intro release is going to be 9 products/libraries:

- Diezel rear loaded 4x12 with an 8 ohm Chinese Vintage 30
- Diezel rear loaded 4x12 with a 16 ohm Chinese Vintage 30
- Diezel rear loaded 4x12 with an English Vintage 30

- Engl Pro 4x12 with an 8 ohm Chinese Vintage 30
- Engl Pro 4x12 with a 16 ohm Chinese Vintage 30
- Engl Pro 4x12 with an English Vintage 30

- Mesa Standard ("oversized") 4x12 with an 8 ohm Chinese Vintage 30
- Mesa Standard ("oversized") 4x12 with a 16 ohm Chinese Vintage 30
- Mesa Standard ("oversized") 4x12 with an English Vintage 30

These are kind of a mash up of the concepts and techniques from the V1/V2 libraries and the MIX libraries, for those who are able to follow my slightly eccentric way of categorizing feature sets and sampling methodologies. :lol

I have around 10 4x12 cabs and almost 50 speakers (however I'd say only 15-20 would be usable for high gain applications and those would be the only ones I'd do for the high gain centric libraries), so over time the amount of content is going to be absurd. I'm still working out the final details, but the above isn't going to change and I feel comfortable with putting that out there at the present time.

Back
Top Bottom